Brain power needed

Hiram K

About 10 days ago I posted that my 90SC puked all the brake fluid out. At that time I thought it probably was the pump seal; not the case, I had a front steel brake line rust out just under the teves unit, drivers side. Now, after replacing the hard line, new fluid, I still have a problem. The pump runs fine, just will not shut off and my brake pedal is rock hard. My accumulator ball is only 9 months old, bought from Spinning Wheels Aug 20, 2009. I also replaced the ABS relay in Aug.09 as well. It is my opinion that the accumulator ball is still fine and that my ABS relay might be messed up. I have ordered a new relay,will get it tomorrow and will install. (least expensive place to start). Am I on the right track? I really need some expert input.

Maybe the pressure switch ? If the pump is just running and not turning off, it could be a faulty pressure sensor / switch.
I dont think the new ABS relay is going to make any difference.

- Dan

Brake fluid is electrically conductive . If you puked it everywhere it is likely into the electrical connectors. Take off each connector in turn...clean with contact cleaner (both ends) and use dielectric grease when reassembling.

If that does not correct the problem look to replacing the anti-lock pressure switch (after we do a few checks first)

Get back to us after you clean and reassemble all the electrical connector. Get that brake fluid off your paint too while there.

Duffy, are you talking about the abs relay on the firewall or the pressure sw located next to the pump under the teves unit? I have a new abs relay coming tomorrow.

How low did the fluid get when you puked it out? Are you sure the pump primed? Could be another reason it won't shut off since it isn't building pressure. Also why your pedal is hard.

If you can't get any fluid when bleeding the rear brakes could be another indicator of the pump not being primed.

It puked ALL the fluid out. Sorry about my ignorance concerning this, didn't even know I had to prime the pump. To be fair, I only bled the front lines as it was a front line that ruptured. I take from your comment I need to bleed all 4 corners..... correct?

Once again, thank you; this I will do tomorrow. Will update progress, if any ,tomorrow after I clean electrical and bleed brakes. Stay tuned.......

Back