1992 sc O2 sensor

Darth

I ran my scanner on the above car and it said "heated O2 sensor on bank 2, lean" I replaced the o2 sensor on the passenger side and the CEL is still on. What the hey?

Got any exhaust leaks? Can draw in "extra" air that gets sensed by the O2 sensor giving you a low reading.

Not a good idea to jump on the sensor straight away when you get that code. As you have shown, it may just indicate something else is amiss.

Sure there are no other codes causing the CEL?

Got any exhaust leaks? Can draw in "extra" air that gets sensed by the O2 sensor giving you a low reading.

Not a good idea to jump on the sensor straight away when you get that code. As you have shown, it may just indicate something else is amiss.

Sure there are no other codes causing the CEL?

No exhaust leaks. I'll have to scan it again to look for more codes.

Wow, where did this all come from? I could replace the drivers side O2 sensor with the one I took off the passenger side which evidently was not bad, but what is causing all the rest? The car appears to be running normal.

KOEOff codes:
10 Cyl #1 low
172 O2 sensor cyl 1 bank 1 lean
175 adaptive limits, bank2 exceeded
176 O2 sensor lean, bank 2
189 fuel adaptive limits rich reached, bank 2

KOEOn codes
136 O2 signal lean, bank 2

Cylinder Balance test, pass, no codes

Wow, where did this all come from? I could replace the drivers side O2 sensor with the one I took off the passenger side which evidently was not bad, but what is causing all the rest? The car appears to be running normal.

KOEOff codes:
10 Cyl #1 low
172 O2 sensor cyl 1 bank 1 lean
175 adaptive limits, bank2 exceeded
176 O2 sensor lean, bank 2
189 fuel adaptive limits rich reached, bank 2

KOEOn codes
136 O2 signal lean, bank 2

Cylinder Balance test, pass, no codes

Chek for unmetered vaccuum leaks with those codes. Esp if it seems to be running OK.

Chek for unmetered vaccuum leaks with those codes. Esp if it seems to be running OK.

I couldn't find any vacuum leaks. One symptom that I didn't mention, was that the CEL light would often go on for a while after washing the underside of the car or driving in the rain, but this would usually clear up when the car dried out. This last time, it hasn't clear up. BTW, the CEL light is not steady. It comes and goes, but now it is on often while I am driving.

As I said, the car drives normally, but the fuel economy has gone to sh(^*%$t,

i would dig into checking the harnesses.. you might have a harness that is shorted to ground or a connector that gets water in it. did you inspect the o2 sensor harness for corrosion?

one place to check for vacuum leak is the dipstick tube where the handle is. mine was leaking very very badly there causing a drivability problem.

forgot to mention. on drivers side there are two connectors that have some pin numbers in them if you had motor apart recently you may have gotten the connectors mixed up by accident. I almost did that when putting my motor back together.

Back