PDA

View Full Version : Canton Racing Products 89-93 Fabricated Aluminum Coolant Tank -CLOSED-

Pages : [1] 2

rzimmerl
05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
We got the ball rolling with Canton Racing Products and they will manufacture an aluminum replacement coolant tank for the 89-93 SC and 89-90 XR7. This is a direct stock fit, has the provisions for the coolant level sensor, a visual level sight tube, stock cap location, and stock overflow tube location.

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=8050

If we can get 10+ units sold the price is $350 per unit plus shipping, vs. the single unit price of $650. Lead time is 8-10 weeks for the tanks. I am still working the payment and shipping details with Nick at Canton. Post here if you are in for the purchase price for the 10+ unit sale.

We must get at least 10 people commited to let this NEW part launch into production, otherwise you will have to purchase one at the $650 price. Once this Group Purchase for the intial 10 units is placed, they will be $350 from then on.

See the New Products/Services post for more information on the tank.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113565

The list of committed for the 10+ unit price of $350 plus shipping

1. Toms-SC - group deposit paid- NO sensor hole -final payment paid
2. Mike8675309 - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
3. David Neibert - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
4. Kurt K - direct contact paid - WITH sensor hole
5. Sampo - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
6. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
7. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid
8. rzimmerl - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid
9. nmcbchief - direct contact paid
10. victor malvar - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid

Spoke with Nick at Canton and the payment details are as follows:
- a $175 down payment is due now
- the remaining payment will be due when the tanks are ready to ship in approximately 8-10 weeks.
- the down payment for 10 tanks must be recieved before they will begin production.

I can have everyone send me the down payment and I will send in a cashiers check, or we can each individually contact Canton Racing Products, or we can do a combination of both of them. I will be sending out a group deposit on the tanks

FINAL PAYMENT - I need the 8 people that did the group downpayment to send me their final payment so I can make the final payment to Canton.

8-13-2010 - Group deposit on the tanks has been made
10-27-2010 - First tank recieved for test fitment
7-14-2011 Final payments are due as tanks are ready to ship
8-1-2011 Tanks have been shipped

Toms-SC
05-19-2010, 06:55 PM
In for 1 unit. Willing to buy another if we end up one unit short of group buy price.

Thanks Ryan

Mike8675309
05-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Dibs... I'm in for one.

David Neibert
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm in for one.

David

Micahdogg
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
This is a cool product, but I'm out of the market for one. I'm deleting my radiator for weight savings. Still a cool product.

Kurt K
05-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm in for one at $350, but mostly not if we don't get 10 people.

rzimmerl
05-20-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm in for one at $350, but mostly not if we don't get 10 people.

Understood, I edited the first post to make it more clear that this is for the 10+ unit price of $350, and we must get 10 in order to do the first purchase.

Toms-SC
05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
rzimmerl looks to be missing off that list. :cool: Call out to all those who like bling and clean under hood environments. XR7 Dave, Payton, ricardoa1, kenewagner :cool:

Sampo
05-20-2010, 02:09 PM
This is so cool product that I got have this, so I'm in!:cool:

-Sami

Toms-SC
05-21-2010, 04:47 PM
4 more needed to make this happen folks.

baer198
05-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry I would be in for one , but i just order my hood.

rzimmerl
05-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Thought I would post this bit of information.

The future of this product all depends on this Group Purchase. Canton has contacted our other parts vendors, and they are basing their orders on if we can get this initial order of 10 completed. If we can't complete this purchase of 10 units, this product will more then likely not be produced.

Toms-SC
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Bump for the week.

XR7 Dave
06-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm in for 2. Damn. I must be nuts. :confused:

Toms-SC
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
2 more to go! :D:D:D

Can't wait to chuck my piece of plastic tank as far as I can throw it.

rzimmerl
06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm in for 2. Damn. I must be nuts. :confused:

WOW! Yes, you maybe nuts, but I bet they will look good on a couple of your cars.

Kurt K
06-02-2010, 02:37 PM
2 more to go! :D:D:D

Can't wait to chuck my piece of plastic tank as far as I can throw it.

Umm, the list shows three more to go.

David Neibert
06-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Umm, the list shows three more to go.

Tom already said he would buy a second one if needed, so I guess he's counting himself.

David

rzimmerl
06-13-2010, 09:32 AM
List updated, I jumped on the wagon...2 tanks to go until we can get these produced.

Akurei14
06-19-2010, 12:52 PM
When does money need to be in by? If theres enough time I may be in. My stocker is a leaky bitch. If i had till mid july I could do it.

rzimmerl
06-19-2010, 05:31 PM
There is no set time for deposits at this time, as they are not required yet. We must have 10 people signed up in order for Canton to agree to start production of the tanks. Once 10 people are signed up I will then work the remaining details with Canton and payments will then be taken.

Toms-SC
06-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Come on now...:cool:

jludorf
07-01-2010, 02:26 AM
So this is what you wanted the reservoir for Tom? sounds like a neat piece too bad it won't fit the later cars.

Come on now...:cool:

Canton_nick
07-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Just two more guys!!

I want to see how these things turn out for you.

nmcbchief
07-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Count me in for one.

rzimmerl
07-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Count me in for one.

That makes 9 tanks acounted for, just 1 more and we can get the ball rolling on production of the tanks.

Toms-SC
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Paging the 'dawg' to add some bling to his exploding engine bay.

rzimmerl
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
ONLY 1 more to go guys and we can get these tanks into production. :eek:

We really need to get these going to show NEW vendors that we have a want and a need for new products to be produced for our aging platform.

Toms-SC
07-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh hello there.

victor malvar
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi Every One

I am in for one!!

Thanks it's Nice to see so many familiar names and post's

Thanks,

Victor

spinningwheels-sc.com

rzimmerl
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
We now have 10 tanks presold for the initial production run. I will be in contact with the 10 people on the list in the first post after I work the payment details with Canton on Thursday. I am going to see if they can have one completed so that I can bring it to the shootout for everyone to see.

This is still an open buy, so if you are interested please post.

Sampo
08-05-2010, 03:18 AM
You will send it to me in Finland so I can see it also...?:D;)

rzimmerl
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Spoke with Nick at Canton and the payment details are as follows:
- a $175 down payment is due now
- the remaining payment will be due when the tanks are ready to ship in approximately 8-10 weeks.
- the down payment for 10 tanks must be recieved before they will begin production.

I can have everyone send me the down payment and I will send in a cashiers check, or we can each individually Canton Racing Products, or we can do a combination of both of them.

Everyone please make sure your PM box is open.

Thanks

David Neibert
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
PM sent.

David

Toms-SC
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
A new product? for MY supercoupe? Why I never pictured the day.

Great job at getting this going Ryan. I'll contact Nick directly so I don't have to piss around with paypal fees.

Thanks for stepping up Victor.

rzimmerl
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll contact Nick directly so I don't have to piss around with paypal fees.

You can avoid the Paypal fees by just selecting the personal tab and gift when processing it.

A PM will be going out the group in a little bit.

David Neibert
08-05-2010, 10:24 PM
You can avoid the Paypal fees by just selecting the personal tab and gift when processing it.

Ryan,

That's only true if the buyer has the payment made directly from their bank account (or possibly their Paypal balance)...if always maintaining a zero balance and using a credit card like I do, the buyer pays the fees.

David

rzimmerl
08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
If you have contacted Nick at Canton directly please let me know that you are accounted for.

Kurt K
08-06-2010, 10:29 AM
If you have contacted Nick at Canton directly please let me know that you are accounted for.
Check your PMs;)

Sampo
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
The payment sent to you, Ryan.:cool:

Toms-SC
08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Sent you $

nmcbchief
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I called and talked to Nick at Canton today. Hope everyone does the same as soon as possible.

David Neibert
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Any chance that we are going to have these in hand prior to the Shootout ?

David

rzimmerl
08-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't count on it. If they are going to be close, I could have them shipped to me and bring them to the shootout to hand deliver as I will not be heading down till Friday afternoon. It could save a day or two on shipping.

rzimmerl
08-13-2010, 01:19 PM
UPDATE 8-13-2010

The group deposit on the tanks has been made. The others will be contacted direct from Canton today for the remaining deposit. I begged for at least ONE tank for me to bring to the shootout, but the way it sounded they may have them all ready by then. They plan to begin production on Monday:eek::D!

Toms-SC
08-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Well done everybody. It took awhile but it goes to show you it is possible to get something expensive produced for our cars still.

Huge thanks to Ryan for being the go to man in the US.

Canton_nick
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
So far i have everyone'd deposit accounted for except for one whom i left a message on his voicemail.

These tanks will be put into production on monday as soon as my engineer comes back from vacation and an order this large will be put into a priority so chances are still good that they will be ready to go for the shootout.

Randall, if you get this, call me at 203-481-9460.

I would just like to thank you all for making this process easy for everyone involved especially thank you ryan for setting it up. I am looking forward to seeing more of your vehicle's parts in the future and hopefully we get this whole thing going out to you guys ASAP.

Thank you.

Nick Ansaldi

Toms-SC
08-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Valve covers time :cool:

rzimmerl
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Valve covers time :cool:

They are on board as soon as the delivery of these is finished.;)

victor malvar
08-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Any chance that we are going to have these in hand prior to the Shootout ?

David

Hi David,

I left you a post about having some inserts at the shoot out. I thought you were asking me about the inserts....I aswered you in the insert thread.
I dont want you to think I am bringing the Canton Racing Reservoir to the shoot out.

We will have other items for the shoot out as well. Just as we spoke an the phone.

I hope I straightened that out for you.
My Mistake:D See you soon!!
Victor and Diane

David Neibert
08-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi David,

I left you a post about having some inserts at the shoot out. I thought you were asking me about the inserts....I aswered you in the insert thread.
I dont want you to think I am bringing the Canton Racing Reservoir to the shoot out.

We will have other items for the shoot out as well. Just as we spoke an the phone.

I hope I straightened that out for you.
My Mistake:D See you soon!!
Victor and Diane

Victor,

I understood what you meant...I was just wondering if I could get this tank installed in my 91 SC prior to the Shootout.

David

rzimmerl
08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Recieved a call from Nick yesterday. All deposits are in and production will begin. He said I will have 1 tank available to bring to the shootout to show everyone. Depending when it comes in I may try to test fit it in my car before hand, but I will pull it back out for the shootout so it can be only display for everyone.

Sampo
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Recieved a call from Nick yesterday. All deposits are in and production will begin. He said I will have 1 tank available to bring to the shootout to show everyone. Depending when it comes in I may try to test fit it in my car before hand, but I will pull it back out for the shootout so it can be only display for everyone.

Great!:)

Could you send me some good pics of it when you'll recieve it?

-Sami

rzimmerl
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Will do, I'll post multiple pictures up when it comes in.

Sampo
09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Anything new yet?

XR7 Dave
09-12-2010, 10:38 AM

Leave it in your car. Extra points in the car show FTW!

rzimmerl
09-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll give Nick a call later this week when I get back to see how its coming along.

Would be nice to get a one of those car show awards for something sometime.:D

rzimmerl
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I just spoke with Nick and have a little update on the tanks. The CAD work is all finished and approved, my tank has been pushed into production for a guaranteed delivery for viewing at the shootout (pics will be posted as soon as possible for those not attending). The other tanks are still waiting to be formed and assembled. I don't think delivery will be too far behind the first one as they learn the best way to manufacture them.

PS: Valve covers are slated to be the next product after these tanks are finished and delivered.

rzimmerl
09-30-2010, 01:54 PM
UPDATE 9-30-2010

Recieved a call from Nick this afternoon to inform me that I will not have a tank to display at the shootout. He apologized for not meeting the rush deadline for the single tank. He said I should have the tank within a few days, just not in time for the shootout.

David Neibert
10-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Ryan,

Did you get the tank yet ?

David

rzimmerl
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
No, I have not yet. Your not the only one that has asked me in the last couple days. I just called and he's out to lunch, I'll call back in an hour.

Canton_nick
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Hey Ryan,

I apologize for not getting back to you friday when you called. It has been a madhouse lately and we've been short staffed here in the office.

I checked with my engineer and actually saw the tank in production. It is partially welded but that one radius is making them nuts back there becuase they want it to be 100% perfect.

I will sneak back and get you a picture and pm it to you or email it to you some time today.

The tank should be ready to go very shortly. It just has to get fully welded and leak tested and you will be getting yours. Everyone elses will be following closely.

rzimmerl
10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the update Nick, looking forward to the pictures.

rzimmerl
10-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I spoke with Nick yesterday afternoon and here is the update I have. My tank was off being welded since it was not in the Engineer's office, so I should get an update on its status in a couple days. They are pushing to get it and the others done, but they are also launching other products and getting ready for SEMA. They are trying to get my tank done this week and hope to have the rest finished by the end of this month, October. I'll update when I hear more.

Kurt K
10-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I spoke with Nick yesterday afternoon and here is the update I have. My tank was off being welded since it was not in the Engineer's office, so I should get an update on its status in a couple days. They are pushing to get it and the others done, but they are also launching other products and getting ready for SEMA. They are trying to get my tank done this week and hope to have the rest finished by the end of this month, October. I'll update when I hear more.
SEMA is a huge event for a lot of vendors, so I would understand if it doesn't get finished before then.

rzimmerl
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
According to Nick his boss is now also pushing to get them done since we stepped up to the plate with the order so quickly.

Canton_nick
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Hello all,

I am very sorry for such a delay in this whole process in making these tanks for you guys.

It has been a mad house here with sema as well as other shows and etc we have been preparing for.

Ryan, Your tank is done and being packaged right now. Please PM your cell phone number so i can text you some pictures or if it is ok with you, i can post them here on this forum. Just let me know and we can go from there.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

BTW, To everyone else waiting, your parts are all cut so it is a matter of fabbing and welding which isnt a long process so the rest of the tanks will be done VERY shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

rzimmerl
10-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Nick, sent you a PM.

Canton_nick
10-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Heres some cell phone pictures of the tank for you guys

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/nemisish20/thunderbird4.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/nemisish20/thunderbird3.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/nemisish20/thunderbird2.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/nemisish20/thunderbird.jpg

ricardoa1
10-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Thats pretty.

rzimmerl
10-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Very nice indeed. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Canton_nick
10-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Just a message for everyone else as well as ryan. We are not going to weld the rest of the tanks until we get feedback on fitment and etc from ryan which he will receive that tank around tuesday or wednesday of next week. The welding process is the cake work. The tanks are all fabbed up just waiting to be welded but to be on the safe side we'd like to know they are perfect for you guys.

rzimmerl
10-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Trust me I'll take some pics as I unbox it, and as I install it. You should have some feedback from me probably the day after I get it. Once again thanks for taking on this project.

Kurt K
10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Ryan,

Looking at it, I am concerned that the site gauge should be towards the front of the car and not towards the engine. Does your car have AC?

Just something to look at while test fitting.

rzimmerl
10-22-2010, 07:21 PM
the site gauge should be towards the front of the car and not towards the engine

As in just moving the location of the tube towards the front of the car as far as possible, or moving to an entirely different panel?

I don't have AC and maybe I should send it to someone that does for fitment after I test fit it up. As for the sight tube, the only other logical place would be on the front panel, that would put it under the MAFS for those with the MP style intake system (which would work), but I don't think it will fit at all with stock air box if we moved it over there. Which reminds me I will fit a stock air box and an MP divider to check for fitment, I can also install my old AC compressor for fitment but I have no clue as where the AC lines ran anymore.

Can someone post a pick of the stock tank with AC so we can all take a look at it.

Mike8675309
10-22-2010, 11:19 PM
How about this. Stick a couple fittings in both places with a set of plugs so that one set can be plugged and the other can get the hose attached. Thus you can get with this, or you can get with that? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs)

Toms-SC
10-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Holy that looks fantastic.

I've got an AC as well. I'm curious how the fitment would be.

Kurt K
10-23-2010, 12:57 AM
OK, it was difficult to hold the tape measure and manually focus my camera. Anyway, the distance between the AC and overflow was a little less than 1". However, once you need room for the AC hose, you are less than 1/2". The picture is attached.

As for putting the sight gauge in the front, I couldn't get a good picture, but it looked like it would fit under my MP air intake.

David Neibert
10-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Is that a hole in the top of the tank for cars equipped with VMM (low coolant sensor) ? My SC doesn't have VMM or a hole in the tank, so that could be a problem.

David

mellbutler
10-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Can I still get in on one?

rzimmerl
10-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Is that a hole in the top of the tank for cars equipped with VMM (low coolant sensor) ? My SC doesn't have VMM or a hole in the tank, so that could be a problem.

David

Yes, that hole is for the low coolant sensor. It was something that was asked for it to have from the beginning. I can see if we can have them made with or without.

rzimmerl
10-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Can I still get in on one?

I'll have to talk with Nick on this to see.

Toms-SC
10-24-2010, 03:50 AM
We had the bung put on there so it would be truly 'universal'. I'm sure if it is an issue you can plug it off.

XR7 Dave
10-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I see this as an issue. If you don't have the VMM then you won't want a big hole in the top of your sheetmetal tank. I ordered 2, and I don't want a hole in 1 of them. Silly I didn't think about this before.

rzimmerl
10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I'll call Nick tomorrow and discuss the level sensor hole with him. He already posted that the material has been cut ready for welding, so we'll see if he'll let us have 2 different models instead of one.

Kurt, I have my old AC compressor that I will mount back up and check clearance for the level sight tube. Maybe they can add an extra set of bungs on the front panel that can allow the tube to me moved to another location as Mike suggested.

David Neibert
10-24-2010, 10:54 AM
The extra hole in the top is not a deal breaker for me. I just don't think it's going to look very good with the hole patched or a dummy sensor installed, and the only reason I'm buying this is for looks. The existing sight gauge location will work fine on my car. The MP cold air divider leaves very little little room on the forward facing surface of the tank, and I doubt the sight gauge bungs would fit without trimming the cold air divider.

For cars with AC, it may require using sight level plugs in the bungs instead of the fill level tube.

David

Kurt K
10-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Kurt, I have my old AC compressor that I will mount back up and check clearance for the level sight tube. Maybe they can add an extra set of bungs on the front panel that can allow the tube to me moved to another location as Mike suggested.
Having 2 sets of bungs will definitely add cost and on a much lessor extent more places to leak (no pressure here, so realistically not an issue). The AC compressor isn't the only clearance issue, you will need to simulate the AC hose that runs next to the base of the overflow tank. My picture shows what I'm talking about.

Kurt K
10-24-2010, 11:10 AM
The extra hole in the top is not a deal breaker for me. I just don't think it's going to look very good with the hole patched or a dummy sensor installed, and the only reason I'm buying this is for looks. The existing sight gauge location will work fine on my car. The MP cold air divider leaves very little little room on the forward facing surface of the tank, and I doubt the sight gauge bungs would fit without trimming the cold air divider.

For cars with AC, it may require using sight level plugs in the bungs instead of the fill level tube.

David

I think reading sight level plugs on the inward side of the tank will be very difficult with the AC compressor in the way.

As for the MP air divider, not everyone has one and some who do (me included), aren't using the parts that would interfere with a front-facing site gauge.

XR7 Dave
10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I think reading sight level plugs on the inward side of the tank will be very difficult with the AC compressor in the way.

As for the MP air divider, not everyone has one and some who do (me included), aren't using the parts that would interfere with a front-facing site gauge.

I think accommodating someone who has missing parts should not be part of the design equation. Hopefully someone with A/C and the popular MP cold air divider (complete) will be able to use this as designed since that is how the vast majority of show grade SC's are set up.

Mike8675309
10-24-2010, 01:41 PM
The sight gauge thing could be handled easily.

I'm surprised they already cut stuff, as I would have tried to get a sampling of orders and get some test units out there before going full bore. (i.e. have vmm, don't have vmm) Simply manufacturing difference might lead to some changes needed to accommodate the differences. To be honest, I would have thought someone here that had a car with VMM and one without might have pointed out that issue to start with. I didn't even think of it, though all my cars have had VMM.

Sampo
10-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I really hope that it will work with MP cold air divider. Otherwise I need to think something different air system...:(

Kurt K
10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I think accommodating someone who has missing parts should not be part of the design equation. Hopefully someone with A/C and the popular MP cold air divider (complete) will be able to use this as designed since that is how the vast majority of show grade SC's are set up.
That may be, but making a drop-in replacement for a stock unit shouldn't need to concern itself for any aftermarket parts either :rolleyes: Regardless, I still don't think the sight gauge in its current location will clear the AC components.

XR7 Dave
10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
That may be, but making a drop-in replacement for a stock unit shouldn't need to concern itself for any aftermarket parts either :rolleyes: Regardless, I still don't think the sight gauge in its current location will clear the AC components.

After looking a little closer on a stock SC - I feel there is no issue with the existing design.

Kurt K
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
After looking a little closer on a stock SC - I feel there is no issue with the existing design.
Looking at a stock SC, if the sight gauge sticks out further than 5/8" (maybe 3/4") from the edge of the stock overflow it will hit the AC line.

rzimmerl
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Just got off the phone with Nick about the VMM coolant level sender hole. All the plates have been cut for this order of tanks and they all have the sender hole in them. Had this been mentioned in the beginning 2 models would have been made, one with and one without the hole. For future production we will have 2 models.

Mel, contact Nick at Canton directly if you would like to get in this purchase for a coolant tank.

mellbutler
10-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Mel, contact Nick at Canton directly if you would like to get in this purchase for a coolant tank.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I sent him a pm and haven't heard anything back.

Melissa

rzimmerl
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Mel, contact Nick at Canton directly if you would like to get in this purchase for a coolant tank.

thanks, I sent him a pm and haven't heard anything back.

Melissa[/QUOTE]

I just forwarded you the PM that went out to the group with the contact information and details.

Toms-SC
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks again for all the work Ryan. Make sure to snap a picture once you get it bolted into your car.

rzimmerl
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
The tank came in today. I'll post up some more pictures tomorrow night and looks like it will be this weekend most likely before I can really play around with the fitment with various setups. I must say the craftsmanship is spectacular, clean cut panels, clean smooth bends, and some very nice welding.

rzimmerl
10-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Pictures as promised. Install pics to come in the next few days. To those with AC the sight tube is 1" tall from the tank edge.

nmcbchief
10-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks GREAT!!!! Can't wait to receive mine!

rzimmerl
10-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Well got around to doing a test fit and lets say its not quite perfect. The supplied outlet nipple to the radiator is a 90 degree fitting and that needs to be changed to a straight.

Pic 1- the upper mounting tab does not come close to the stock hole
Pic 2 - shows where the tank is hitting the fender tub in the rear, the stock tank rubs in the same place my stocker has red on it there also.
Pic 3 - you can see where clearance will need to ground on the MP cold air divider to make it fit, its not much and it will drop right in.

I'll be in contact with Nick on Monday to see how to proceed from here. IF anyone has anymore requests for pics or issue please speak up now.

rzimmerl
10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Here are the shots with the stock air box installed. It does fit with the stock box and stock air tube installed, just a slight adjustment loosening the bolts that hold the box down and a small move let it fit perfect.

Kurt K
10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll be in contact with Nick on Monday to see how to proceed from here. IF anyone has anymore requests for pics or issue please speak up now.
Can you take a picture from straight down of the edge nearest where the AC compressor would be? Also, can you measure from the AC compressor mounting surface of the AS/JS bracket to the side of the tank?

Will the vertical side of the MP cold air divider stand vertical if the MAF portion isn't installed, or does the vertical section hit the tank?

rzimmerl
10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Can you take a picture from straight down of the edge nearest where the AC compressor would be? Also, can you measure from the AC compressor mounting surface of the AS/JS bracket to the side of the tank?

Its 4 7/8" from the edge of the tank to the mounting pads on the JS bracket for the AC compressor. The sight tube sticks out 1" from the side of the tank.

I also updated the 2 posts from earlier today. The stock air box with the stock inlet tube fits up just fine.

Sampo
11-01-2010, 01:27 PM

I hope they will do the requested changes if possible.

At this price at least I want it to be almost 100% fitment.

Or what you guys think?

-Sami

Kurt K
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Its 4 7/8" from the edge of the tank to the mounting pads on the JS bracket for the AC compressor. The sight tube sticks out 1" from the side of the tank.

I also updated the 2 posts from earlier today. The stock air box with the stock inlet tube fits up just fine.

Hey Ryan, I think an easier measurement would be from the verticle edge of the MP divider to the outer edge of the site gauge. With the AC compressor installed, I'm not even sure I can get an accurate measurement from the mounting pads:o Anyway, I hope to get a closer look on the bone-stock Anny tonight.

rzimmerl
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey Ryan, I think an easier measurement would be from the verticle edge of the MP divider to the outer edge of the site gauge. With the AC compressor installed, I'm not even sure I can get an accurate measurement from the mounting pads:o Anyway, I hope to get a closer look on the bone-stock Anny tonight.

I'll refit up the MP divider tonite and measure. I am also going to remove the MAF surround to double check just for the vertical divider fit.

Kurt K
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I'll refit up the MP divider tonite and measure. I am also going to remove the MAF surround to double check just for the vertical divider fit.
Actually, thinking about what I said and looking at the pictures again, I don't think there is anything on the tank that will keep the vertical divider section from going vertical.

rzimmerl
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I spoke with Nick a little while ago, and they have been working on the changes since reading the thread this morning. The upper mouting tab to the wheel tub will be become slotted to allow for adjustment. The welding fixture they use, uses the stock tank mouting holes to locate the entire tank. So after discussing the method of build it brings us back to the part that I said was hitting which is a bend in the back of the tank that protrudes out towards the wheel tub. That is rubbing slightly, but after some more thought and wiggling it looks as though the corner that hits will need to be removed. I marked the areas in black that I am talking about that would need re/moved to make the tank fit. The clearance gained from there should allow the tank to fit properly and all the other issues should go away.

The black marked area is not where it has all rubbed, I put the black on there to rub the fender with to see where it hit. The only spot that actually rubs is where the arrows are pointing too.

Kurt K
11-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I took some more pictures.

The first picture: The 1" mark on the tape is at the AC compressor mounting boss. The inside edge of my straight edge is at a marked 5.25" on the tape, or a total of 4.25" from the mounting boss.

The 2nd picture shows the straight edge I used to hit the edge of the upper AC line and rests approximately 1/8" off the heads of the upper and lower AC compressor mounting bolts. I'm not sure why the gap between the straight edge and tank get wider as it goes up. I may try some more stuff to explain it after I feed the family dinner.

The 3rd picture shows how close the tank is to the upper AC line, and also shows how snug the bottom of the tank fits to the insulation of the lower AC line

Looking at the last picture, the radius of the stock tank starts around 5.25" on the tape. The is about the location of the left edge of the tape on the 4th picture, which indicates there is a little more than 5/8" clearance to the AC line. The gap widens slightly as the line gets closer to the firewall.

rzimmerl
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
The sight tube - they provide plugs for those that have AC, so you can choose to remove it if needed, if the tube is left in the current position

BUT I have another idea, what if the sight tube was moved to vertically right above the outlet nipple to the radiator (shown in the blue masking tape). It will not be in the way of the stock air box and would be to the left of the MP divider letting it still be readable and functional. I'll mention this to Nick in the morning when he calls, not sure if they have the holes punched in the plates yet.

Kurt, can you get a measurement to see if this is possible on a stock SC and one with the MP vertical divider?

Kurt K
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
The sight tube - they provide plugs for those that have AC, so you can choose to remove it if needed, if the tube is left in the current position

BUT I have another idea, what if the sight tube was moved to vertically right above the outlet nipple to the radiator (shown in the blue masking tape). It will not be in the way of the stock air box and would be to the left of the MP divider letting it still be readable and functional. I'll mention this to Nick in the morning when he calls, not sure if they have the holes punched in the plates yet.

Kurt, can you get a measurement to see if this is possible on a stock SC and one with the MP vertical divider?
Ryan, I like that location, but I think it ultimately depends on how far the tank extends toward the middle of the car as compared to the MP divider. I will see what I can measure on my stock car, but I think if you can install the Canton tank with the vertical section of the MP divider, you will be able to easily get an idea if the site gauge could be mounted on the inward or outward side of the MP divider.

It might be easier if you just PM me your phone number and we can discuss it over the phone. It will probably be faster than these multiple posts ;)

Mike8675309
11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
How about this. Stick a couple fittings in both places with a set of plugs so that one set can be plugged and the other can get the hose attached. Thus you can get with this, or you can get with that? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs)

I could use mine with the sensor hole and the level line so it is on the front rather than the side.

rzimmerl
11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Ok mounted up the Canton tank with the fender bolt, dropped in the MP air divider, the black line in the blue tape is the edge of the MP divider. I then installed my 3.5" intake tube, 85mm MAFS, and the 9" long filter I have and you can see that my MAF due to the size I will need to bend the MP divider slightly to allow for clearance, by doing this we can move the sight tube over above the radiator outlet to allow for those with AC. Also from talking with Kurt, the sight tube above the hose will work on stock SC's also.

Honestly as for the fit, the upper plate with the level sensor and fill is level and has a nice even gap across the back, and the slotted upper hole should take care of it all, and not take alot of rework to that back plate. I would really like to send this off to another member for a fit check after I get mine back modified before we give the OK to manufacture all of them.

David Neibert
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Ryan/Kurt,

Looks like the lower fitting could be changed to a tee, to serve as an inlet/outlet for the tank and the lower portion of the site gauge. Then only one other bung, and a slightly longer section of clear tubing would be required to move the sight gauge to the forward facing edge of the tank.

David

Kurt K
11-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Ryan/Kurt,

Looks like the lower fitting could be changed to a tee, to serve as an inlet/outlet for the tank and the lower portion of the site gauge. Then only one other bung, and a slightly longer section of clear tubing would be required to move the sight gauge to the forward facing edge of the tank.

DavidGood thought on using a tee on the inlet/outlet for the tank. I'm pretty sure you can find an 1/8" (or 1/4", if that is the size) street tee and eliminate one threaded joint and a potential leak. For those that don't know, a street tee has 2 female pipe thread ends and a male pipe thread end on the run of the tee. You would then need 2 hose barb adapters. Otherwise with a regular tee, you would also need a close nipple.

M
|
|---F
|
F

rzimmerl
11-02-2010, 07:15 AM
David,

Very good thought, thats a very simple method to get what we need. I believe I have a T fitting at home that I will mock up tonite to see if it works.

Kurt, I believe this is the T fitting you are talking about.

Kurt K
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
David,

Very good thought, thats a very simple method to get what we need. I believe I have a T fitting at home that I will mock up tonite to see if it works.

Kurt, I believe this is the T fitting you are talking about.
That's the one.

rzimmerl
11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I have been in contact with Nick on a few discussions, their shop manager is at SEMA this week so I am sending the tank to another member thats in the GP for a 2nd opinion on the fit and details. Then it will go back to Canton for any changes needed.

Sampo
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I have been in contact with Nick on a few discussions, their shop manager is at SEMA this week so I am sending the tank to another member thats in the GP for a 2nd opinion on the fit and details. Then it will go back to Canton for any changes needed.

I really appreciate your efforts to doing all this that all we can get a good product.

THANKS!

-Sami

David Neibert
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I really appreciate your efforts to doing all this that all we can get a good product.

THANKS!

-Sami

Yeah...thanks Ryan. I think Nick should just give you one of these tanks for all the effort your putting into this project.

David

rzimmerl
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
No problem guys, just trying to make sure everyone is happy with the product and your getting your moneys worth. Canton has been good to work with, and I hope we keep it this way because some more parts will be coming our way from them when this all works out.

Toms-SC
11-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the hard work Ryan.

David Neibert
11-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Ryan,

Is Canton making the changes you suggested in the earlier post ?

David

rzimmerl
11-12-2010, 10:03 AM
A certain member still has the tank, and was supposed to have it fit checked on Wednesday. I'll give him another call today to see if he's got it fit up yet. After that, the tank is going back to Canton and I'll call Nick to discuss if we can make the changes.

Sampo
11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Anything new here?

rzimmerl
11-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Nothing new really. Dave has test fit the tank, and took pictures of what he saw issues with. He will be working with Nick directly on his findings.

Sampo
11-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Ok, thanks Ryan for the information.

David Neibert
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Nothing new really. Dave has test fit the tank, and took pictures of what he saw issues with. He will be working with Nick directly on his findings.

Hope it still fits with a 4" intake tube.

David

Sampo
11-22-2010, 02:11 PM

David

Good point, David.

I quess many of us also getting the MP new 95mm TB and will also upgrade to 4" air intake tube.

rzimmerl
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM

David

I don't think the tank will cause the clearance issue, as I was looking at this last night. The 4" intake tube clearance issue will be caused by the fender well itself, since my C&L 85mm MAF (outer casting diameter is much larger) fits the tank without any issue. My 3.5" MP tube is rubbing the hood and inner fender, and I've tried many different ways to make it not happen.

David Neibert
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Ryan,

Is Canton working on the changes we requested ?

David

rzimmerl
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I just got a reply from David last week that he sent it back to Canton. I'll call Nick tomorrow to see what is going on.

Toms-SC
12-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ryan.

rzimmerl
12-17-2010, 10:24 AM
UPDATE: I talked with Nick a little while yesterday. He recieved the tank from David with some mark ups along with written directions on how to approach some of the issues, thanks David D. for that. He is to get back with me shortly after he reviews the suggestions with their engineer.

David Neibert
12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Ryan,

I think this would have went alot smoother, if Canton had simply fabricated one set of parts and tack welded it (prototype), to test for proper fit. Now that they have already fabricated all the parts and tack welded everything together, I get the impression they are going to be very resistant to making changes.

Hope I'm wrong.

David

rzimmerl
12-18-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree with you 100% David. I suggested to fab a single unit tacked to test fit before proceding, but by the time they called me to say they were ready to ship me a tank they had already cut all the material. It was their call to cut all the material ahead of time without testing for fit, so thats something that should not stop us from getting a correct unit. At this point I would assume they would do what they could to make the tanks fit proper and to our liking as they have a large amount of money that has not been paid for. Nick should be posting information here along with calling me sometime by mid next week after talking it over with the engineer.

Toms-SC
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I really hope they come through. I still want an additional set of products from them.

victor malvar
12-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Thank you Ryan,
Im sorry I havent called you but I am still dealing with my leg's surgeries.

I also want to thank all the guys who have been on top of this and working on making it right for all of us....Thanks you.

Ryan if I can be of any assistance to you or anyone else, please just let me know. Ryan if you need me to talk with Nick let me know.I would call him
and ask what they plan to do about this. I believe they will make it right.....
at least I think so because of the size and integrity of the company.

I will be around if you or anyone should need me to help in anyway.

David Neibert
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I agree with you 100% David. I suggested to fab a single unit tacked to test fit before proceding, but by the time they called me to say they were ready to ship me a tank they had already cut all the material. It was their call to cut all the material ahead of time without testing for fit, so thats something that should not stop us from getting a correct unit. At this point I would assume they would do what they could to make the tanks fit proper and to our liking as they have a large amount of money that has not been paid for. Nick should be posting information here along with calling me sometime by mid next week after talking it over with the engineer.

Ryan,

Have you heard anything from Nick yet ? I don't like being such a pest, but this part ties in directly with the 4" intake tube that is required to take full advantage of the 95mm throttle body that MP is currently building. Without the coolant tank in hand, I can't really move forward with the 4" intake tube with integrated MAF sensor, and reworking the MP cold air divider.

BTW, I still hope that we can get some of these tanks built without the coolant level sensor hole, because from what I'm reading that sensor degrades over time from contact with the coolant and finding used sensors that aren't already degraded and turning into a gooey mess is getting tough.

David

Canton_nick
01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Alright, i apologize for not being around much lately but i have some news.

As most of you know with the holidays and shows, it has been very hectic around here. Having our whole engineering dept at PRI and SEMA has set us back slightly.

With that being said, we have decided to build all of the tanks from scratch again and will be building them exactly to spec from how dave sent the tank to us.

I am not sure if they are going to still be using the top piece with the hole stamped in it but i will know that by the end of today.

Every one that doesnt need the hole at the top please put your name down and i will do my best to make sure that you get the correct tank.

As for everyone else, the changes being made are as follows:

Rounded edge near inner fender well

Bottom of tank will have rounded smaller lip due to having wiring harness and etc in way

Sight gauge relocated to dictated spot

Slotted mounting tab (plastic is more forgiving than aluminum).

If anyone has questions PLEASE do not hesitate to call me.

Thank you

Toms-SC
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Every one that doesnt need the hole at the top please put your name down and i will do my best to make sure that you get the correct tank.

1) Thomas - no top hole for the fluid sensor level.

rzimmerl
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the update Nick, I was going to call you today. Again thanks to Dave D. for spending some time on this project.

Canton_nick
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Well i have some good news and some bad news.

Unfortunately, the holes are already cut.

I am going to try and locate a plug for that hole and possibly see if a billet one can be made.

The engineering department designed the tank to the core that was sent in and unfortunately the holes were all cut again as we have started production again on the tanks.

The good news is that the tanks are back into production and will hopefully be ready exactly how everyone needs them minus the top soon.

David Neibert
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Well i have some good news and some bad news.

Unfortunately, the holes are already cut.

I am going to try and locate a plug for that hole and possibly see if a billet one can be made.

The engineering department designed the tank to the core that was sent in and unfortunately the holes were all cut again as we have started production again on the tanks.

The good news is that the tanks are back into production and will hopefully be ready exactly how everyone needs them minus the top soon.

Nick,

Thanks for posting to let us know what's going on.

Since your guys out in the shop seem to be able to make these parts faster than you can tell them about changes, I'd like a new top plate for mine without the hole...even if I have to pay extra for it. I'm assuming the welding won't be done this time until one is test fitted, so switching the top out shouldn't be that big of a deal.

David

Toms-SC
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
1) Thomas - no top hole for the fluid sensor level
2) David - no top hole for the fluid sensor level

Mike8675309
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
If there is truly an option, I don't need a hole. But I'll live with one.

Sampo
01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
If there is truly an option, I don't need a hole. But I'll live with one.

Same here!

Toms-SC
01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Currently 4 who prefer not to have the fluid sensor level hole.

Canton_nick
01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Ryan, please call me today.

My manager and i are trying our best to get those without the fluid sensor hole.

I just need to update your order.

If anyone else that purchased seperately wants it done without the hole please call me so i can update the order.

rzimmerl
01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Nick,

I'll give you a call this afternoon.

I also updated the first post list for those who do not want the sensor hole.

XR7 Dave
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Ryan, I ordered 2, please ask for 1 of them without the sensor hole.

Thanks!

David Neibert
01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Sorry but I've lost track.....Where is the sight level indicator tube going to be located ?

David

Toms-SC
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey Nick,

Any update?

Cheers

Toms-SC
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Bump time.

Canton_nick
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey guys. Working hard to get these tanks without the hole.

I need by monday morning a full list of how many people want no hole to call Ryan and let him know how many tanks are needed without the hole.

Anyone else who did not purchase through ryan, please call me direct.

203-481-9460

Nick

Canton_nick
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Bump. I need that list ASAP guys.

Kurt K
01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Bump. I need that list ASAP guys.Nick, I contacted you directly, but since I want one with the sensor hole in it, I didn't bother calling you.

David Neibert
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Bump. I need that list ASAP guys.

Nick,

This is the list from the first page of this post that Ryan recently updated, to indicated who does not want the sensor hole.

1. Toms-SC - group deposit paid- no sensor hole
2. Mike8675309 - group deposit paid - no sensor hole
3. David Neibert - group deposit paid - no sensor hole
4. Kurt K - direct contact paid
5. Sampo - group deposit paid - no sensor hole
6. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid - no sensor hole
7. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid
8. rzimmerl - group deposit paid
9. nmcbchief - direct contact paid
10. victor malvar - group deposit paid

David

rzimmerl
02-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Nick,

I'll give you a call today. Looks like we will need 5 without the sensor hole and 3 with the sensor on the tanks that I ordered. Those who made direct contact should work that out with you. It looks like Kurt wants his with so I will update the very first post to keep it all in order.

Toms-SC
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Whats the update?

Canton_nick
02-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Looks like were good for the 5 with no hole.

Toms-SC
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Any idea when they might go back into production Nick?

David Neibert
02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Nick,

When are these expected to ship ?

David

rzimmerl
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I talked with Nick last week, and I have to call David and ask a question. Other then that the "new" tank is ready to be sent for fitment check.

David Neibert
02-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I talked with Nick last week, and I have to call David and ask a question. Other then that the "new" tank is ready to be sent for fitment check.

Ryan,

Good deal. Can I assume that you will also be letting us know when/where to send the final payment ?

David

rzimmerl
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM
David, yes I will let everyone know what to do for the final payment. I will most likely not do a group payment again this time due to Paypal.

The second tank is in process of being final welded, then will be sent to David D. for test fitment. There should not be any problems this time around, and we should be in production soon.

David Neibert
03-14-2011, 01:01 PM
So how did the test fitting go ?

David

XR7 Dave
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Have not received mock up yet.

rzimmerl
03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll make a call tomorrow to see when its ready to ship.

rzimmerl
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Just thought I'd give everyone an update. The latest tank version has shipped for test fitment. Should have more details in the next week.

Toms-SC
03-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Good timing. Spring has spring here. Thanks for all the hard work Ryan.

Toms-SC
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
How'd the fitment go? :eek:

Canton_nick
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Any news ryan?

rzimmerl
04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Haven't heard from David yet, I'll give him a ring. I am heading to his place this weekend, so I can look at it while I'm there too.

nmcbchief
04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Take some new pics for us to see also please. I am looking forward to getting mine on the car.

Canton_nick
04-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Ryan, the tank i sent to david was the same tank we had sent out to you just made the modifications you guys asked for.

It is not the prettiest tank due to scratches but everyone just know that once these are approved, the tanks you guys will recieve will be flawless and the finish will be great.

BirdofPrey97
04-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I will take the scratched up one. :)

neverfastenough
04-07-2011, 08:57 AM
You guys picked the most out of the ordinary most complex shape container on the car to be made from alum:rolleyes: Can we do a simple set of valve covers next?:)

CMac89
04-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Agreed. Should have been valve covers or an oil pan.

Toms-SC
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Stop whining. Baww. :D

David Neibert
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
You guys picked the most out of the ordinary most complex shape container on the car to be made from alum:rolleyes:

That's what makes it so cool :cool:

David

Canton_nick
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I recieved an update today from Dave. He made some mods to the tank design and i have a modification in mind which will allow even more room i just need a response from Dave to see if it is a good idea.

Once we get this tank back it should be a VERY short turn around time as our shop is ready to get them together as soon as we get the tank back.

neverfastenough
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I recieved an update today from Dave. He made some mods to the tank design and i have a modification in mind which will allow even more room i just need a response from Dave to see if it is a good idea.

Once we get this tank back it should be a VERY short turn around time as our shop is ready to get them together as soon as we get the tank back.

Are you guys interested in making other SC specific parts as well? Or have you had enough of us:p

XR7 Dave
04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I really wish someone would drive over there and let them look at their car for a few minutes. A lot of these questions would be answered very quickly.

Toms-SC
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Anybody want to step up and help out? I'd be appreciated.

nmcbchief
04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I have the time but it's a little too far for me to drive there. Especially with gas almost $4.00 a gallon.

Canton_nick
04-18-2011, 09:53 AM
We recieved the tank the other day. Looking into the mods dave gave us as well as comparing to the stock tank.

David Neibert
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
We recieved the tank the other day. Looking into the mods dave gave us as well as comparing to the stock tank.

Nick,

Can we count on getting these tanks before the end of May ?

David

Canton_nick
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Ryan, as soon as you see this give me a call. The most recent mods to the tank have thrown us off a little bit and i want to run a few things by you.

rzimmerl
04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Spoke with Nick today, and have to get back with him tomorrow. With that being said after tomorrow the tanks will be finalized, and he said everyone will revieve them by the end of May.

Mike8675309
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
he said everyone will revieve them by the end of May.

I guess that means folks should prepare to pay the rest of the cost if you want to have it by the end of May.

rzimmerl
04-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Ok guys the tanks are ready to start production. For those that did the group payment with me all the tanks will be sent to my house, and I will then have to ship them out. I will have to figure out what the shipping cost will be for each one from me to you. For those that did direct payment your tanks will be shipped direct to you.

David Neibert
04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Great...just let me know the balance due.

David

rzimmerl
05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I'll call Nick on Monday to finalize the rest of the payment and shipping details, and post the info.

rzimmerl
05-03-2011, 09:20 AM
The last payment for the tanks will be due approximately the end of May. When the tanks are ready to ship I will post to let everyone know.

- For those that did direct payment you will need to call Nick at that time to make the final payment and where he is to ship your tanks.

- For those that did the group payment I will have to collect the funds so I can make the final payment. The group tanks will all be shipped direct to me, and I will then have to ship them out individually to everyone. I'll have to figure the shipping cost to everyone once I get the tanks and see how big the boxes actually are, and then will ask for another payment for me to ship your tank to you. They will be shipped Fedex Ground with insurance.

Toms-SC
05-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Great job. Thanks Ryan and David.

So.....oil pans next?

David Neibert
05-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Ryan,

Will there be another test fit on your car to make sure it's right before they go into production ?

David

Sampo
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
They will be shipped Fedex Ground with insurance.

I quess we discuss my shipping separately...;)

rzimmerl
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
David,

No there will not be another test fit on my car, since David D. fit it to a car in his shop. The changes that David D. did were taken in to account and they were discussing modifying their fixture to match his changes. We believe alot of the issues are coming from the stock plastic tank actually deforming to fit the cavity and with the rigid aluminum tank the give isn't there. The deforming of the stock tank is visible once you start to remove yours. They should be all good this time around.

Sami, yes your shipping will be different and I have you AMW separator to go with it.

David Neibert
05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Ryan,

Is Canton still on track for an end of May completion on these tanks ?

David

rzimmerl
05-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I can give them a ring today to see what the status is.

Toms-SC
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Paging Nick.

rzimmerl
06-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I gave him a call yesterday to see what was going on, and the guys in the shop had already left for the day. I'll call again, if he doesn't see this or give me a call back.

Toms-SC
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Paging Nick.

Paging Nick.

David Neibert
06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm going to be needing this tank about the same time as the new MP 95mm TB, and they are supposed to be done very soon. Is there a new problem with these tanks or just a low priority for Canton ?

David

rzimmerl
06-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I'll call Nick again tomorrow, I really have no idea what is going on with them at this time.

Canton_nick
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
These tanks are actually a pretty high priority for us here at canton. It is a big job and the tanks are difficult to make. The reason it has taken so long since the last phone call is because we basically remade every tank again.

After receiving the tank back this final time, there were a few adjustments that needed to be made that were not addressed the first test fit.

Last time i was back in the shop each tank was in finishing. I will respond later today with an ACTUAL due date. Unfortunately, i am at the mercy of the shop and this has been a very long endeavor.

I apologize for the time it has taken so far.

Kurt K
06-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the update Nick.

David Neibert
06-17-2011, 12:24 AM
These tanks are actually a pretty high priority for us here at canton. It is a big job and the tanks are difficult to make. The reason it has taken so long since the last phone call is because we basically remade every tank again.

After receiving the tank back this final time, there were a few adjustments that needed to be made that were not addressed the first test fit.

Last time i was back in the shop each tank was in finishing. I will respond later today with an ACTUAL due date. Unfortunately, i am at the mercy of the shop and this has been a very long endeavor.

I apologize for the time it has taken so far.

Nick,

Thanks for the response and explanation. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

David

David Neibert
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Nick,

Did you ever get that actual due date ?

David

rzimmerl
07-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I will call again today and see what is going on, anyone feel free to contact Nick to express your concerns.

David Neibert
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I will call again today and see what is going on, anyone feel free to contact Nick to express your concerns.

Thanks Ryan.

I really need mine within 30 days from today.

David

Canton_nick
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Good news. I apologize for not responding as i was out of the shop all last week. The tanks are complete. They are being packaged as we speak. Ryan please call when you see this as I know you needed to know when they were planning to ship to let the others know.

Mike8675309
07-12-2011, 11:06 AM
When it's time, please update the first post in this thread with final payment details. Note my shipping address has changed since this thing first started.

David Neibert
07-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Great....I can't wait to see the finished product.

David

rzimmerl
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I'll call Nick on the way home from work tonite, and post the details for the final payment and shipping arrangements.

rzimmerl
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Details will be posted tomorrow for the final payment and shipping.

Toms-SC
07-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to the new under-hood bling.

Canton_nick
07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Randall and kurt please call me today if possible.

Kurt K
07-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Randall and kurt please call me today if possible.
Nick, I just saw this message. Unfortunately, I can't find your number. I suppose it might be somewhere in this thread, but I haven't re-read all of the pages yet.

I found it: 203-481-9460.

nmcbchief
07-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Just spoke to Nick. All paid and ready to receive!!:D

Kurt K
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Just spoke to Nick. All paid and ready to receive!!:DI'm paid too.

Toms-SC
07-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Details will be posted tomorrow for the final payment and shipping.

So after nearly a year I am wetting myself here. Post the details! :D

rzimmerl
07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Sending the group deposit people (the remaining 8) the information shortly via PM. Please respond ASAP with payment plans as the tanks are boxed and ready to ship to me.

rzimmerl
07-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I sent 2 PM's to the remaining 8, disregard the first PM, the second PM has the correct payment amounts.

Toms-SC
07-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Paid.

Folks this is the third time Ryan has pulled off a great group buy. No doubt he sacrificed some personal time and had to take some heat to make them happen. If you have the funds I'd encourage you to tack a little extra to your total so we can cover the remainder of his coolant tank deposit. At this time the remained of his tank deposit is $125...:)

Thanks very much Ryan for being the leader on the Canton group buy and AMW PCV oil separator group buy.

David Neibert
07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Payment sent.

David

rzimmerl
07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Recieved response from everyone with payment intentions, hopefully the checks will all be in this week and I will then make the final payment. At this point I would speculate that you should recieve them hopefully the first week of August for those in the states.

Kurt K
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I received a present today :D

I suspect somebody else will have installed pictures before me though :rolleyes:

Toms-SC
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Holy fast shipping.

Kurt K
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Holy fast shipping.
Quick, but not as quick as you think. I paid Nick directly back on the 13th;)

Toms-SC
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Really looking forward to getting my hands on mine. I can really see why it took so long to produce them. That easily has to be the most complicated tank they've had to do. :eek:

rzimmerl
07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
That easily has to be the most complicated tank they've had to do. :eek:

I believe it is, as its been brought up a few times. I really hope that with the last round of modifcations that David D. spec'd out make it fit much better.

nmcbchief
07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Got mine today also. Looks GREAT!!! Can't wait to get my car back together now and drive it.

nmcbchief
07-20-2011, 03:01 AM
What's next?

rzimmerl
07-21-2011, 07:53 AM
What's next?

Canton already has a set of valve covers I sent them awhile back to quote. But at this time I really don't have the time to handle another project. This fall thru the winter would be good for me to take on valve covers if they decide to go thru with the project, and if we can get the interest after pricing.

rzimmerl
07-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Canton already has a set of valve covers I sent them awhile back to quote. But at this time I really don't have the time to handle another project. This fall thru the winter would be good for me to take on valve covers if they decide to go thru with the project, and if we can get the interest after pricing.

See this post for more information on the Canton valve covers.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114236

rzimmerl
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
All payments recieved, I'll be calling Nick in the morning to get the tanks in the mail.

rzimmerl
08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Tanks are shipped to me. Victor please clear your PM box, Mike H., David N., and Tom S. you have a PM.

victor malvar
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Ryan,
PM box is cleared
Thank you....
Victor

rzimmerl
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
The tanks have arrived. I'll get some pictures up this weekend and begin to ship out next week.

Toms-SC
08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Are they shiny?

rzimmerl
08-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Are they shiny?

Yes they are. I'll start shipping next week, and should have mine installed with pictures also next week.

nmcbchief
08-06-2011, 07:28 PM
They are not shiny. They are just the aluminum material with the welds. They could stand a good polishing to remove the heat marks from around the welds. I am satisfied with the overall looks and price. Just took a little longer than I thought it should.

Sampo
08-07-2011, 08:15 AM
The tanks have arrived. I'll get some pictures up this weekend and begin to ship out next week.

PM sent to you, Ryan.:cool:

Canton_nick
08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
They are not shiny. They are just the aluminum material with the welds. They could stand a good polishing to remove the heat marks from around the welds. I am satisfied with the overall looks and price. Just took a little longer than I thought it should.

The tanks took as long as they did because of the 3 design changes that were given to us throughout this process. I agree it took a very long time but in the initial order, the tanks were all to have the sensor hole. That was changed after the first test fit. The tank was sent out 2 times and modified both times with new design changes.

This tank was very intricate to make and it was after the order was made that the AC compressor space came into play and etc.

Ryan di an AWESOME job of communicating with me and once the tank went to him and Dave, we were able to make the final adjustments and hopefully everyone is pleased.

Once again, I do apologize for the time it took to complete these tanks. Some of the time was downtime due to the tank being tweaked and modified by SCCOA members to make sure that when you all receive the tank, it fits perfect for each application including AC.

David Neibert
08-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Ryan, Dave & Nick,

Big THANKS for all your efforts on geting this part made. Looking forward to getting mine installed next week.

David

Mike8675309
08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I concur, a big thanks to those taking the time and care necessary to create a part the right way. it is greatly appreciated as indicated by my order.