supercoupeperformance.com

brokeSC

Hey i just have a couple quick question...
The SCP HIGHFLOW 2 1/4" down tubes??
Are they a direct bolt in??
will the Converters mount right onto my stock exhaust system??
And the HIGHFLOW cat's will pass inspection right???
Does anyone use these and if so did you have any problems with them not fitting up right??

Ok thanks guys i know your the most knowledgable about SC's out there anything you can tell me would be great...

mar31$04.jpg

And the HIGHFLOW cat's will pass inspection right???
You better hope so.:p

Seriously, email Bill at super coupe performance and he will answer all your questions. He should know better than anyone since he is the one selling the product.

downtubes didnt fit

I bought the 2 1/4 downtubes With cats from Supercoupe performance, and i was very impresses with the quality of the materials.......but then i went to put them on the car!...that's where the problems began.
(1) the right side downtube had the Oxygen sensor port welded in the wrong position, pointing right at the frame leaving no room to install the Oxygen sensor. We had to plug that hole , weld it , and grind it off smooth, then weld a new fitting in the correct location.
(2) The left side downtube extended down about 1 1/2 inches lower than it should have, so that it would have hit on just about every speedbump! There was nothing above the bend to interfere, so we had to cut 1 1/2" off the pipe where it bolts to the manifold and reflare it....then it just needed a little tweak by the cat to clear the trans crossmember and everthing. We wer building a complete system so it was not a problem of lining up the the rest of it.
(3) Bill at supercoupe performance did reimburse me for my time and troubles and i am happy with the end result. Just make sure he has corrected these issues if you are gonna buy a set. The pipe is very heavy gauge, aluminized, just as advertised.

Good Luck!

Back