94 port exhaust manifold vs old sccoa header?

flynbrd

Just curious if anyone knows what the horsepower difference between 94 ported exhaust manifold and the old style sccoa header. My friends think the sccoa header will blow away the ported stock because of the 2.5 outlet vs the 2.0 stock. From the postings I read the ported 94 really performs, better than some aftermarkets. I'm currently running the sccoa headers but I have mobile smog check stations where I live. If they pull me over running the headers I'm in for a world of hurt.(The look for every little violation. Then send you off to a smog ref to write off the violations). If the headers only yield 10-15hps gain then I'm going back to ported stock 94 manifolds. Yes I'm running lots of mods making over 300hprw, so flow is important.

Thanks

:mad:*DOWN WITH MOBILE SMOG CHECK POINTS!*:mad:

Would they really bust your chops for headers? They are shorties and dont look very obvious...Id imagine the modified exhuats would be more of an issue cat wise..On a stockish car Id say the headers may not give you all that much

let me use this example to show how much they suck. My friend just got done putting a 305 in his chevy s10. Friday he visited the smog ref and was signed off on the modification everything was legit in the eyes of the state. Saturday the cops break up and detain spectators of the street races. All spectators must submit to inspection. Anyway long story short the officer saw that he had an "open element" air filter and wrote him up. My friend pulled the papers from the glovebox showing that mods were written off. The officer just told him go back and get it written off again. The officers over here are just in the intolerance. We've had several deads over the years related to racing. Now the racing is all but dried up. If your caught making a contest of speed your car is manditory impounded for 30 days at 150$s a day. 4500$ later you get for car back.

Back