SC advise

Regul8r

I bought a 94 M90 used.
Now that it is at the house I am looking at it close and found a couple possible issues...

3 of the 6 surfaces have the coating peeled off.
the body of SC and the blade edges are scarred pretty good.

Looks like the as the coating peeled/chipped off it was ground up by the blades against the body of the SC.

was told it produced good power before it came off.

I need to get pics put up but just looking for advise.
Put it on, run and see what happens?
Cost on getting the blades re-coated?
Other options?

It is normal for coating to come off from normal use on 94/95 blowers. As for the scratches on the rotor edges, thats a sign the rear rotor bearings are bad and should be replaced.

Coating on rotors...

More on the coating for the rotors....What type of coating is this? Is this something that can be duplicated at home? Is there a spray on or dip type alternative to re-coat the rotors?

the things you mentioned should be ok. the one that is on my 95 has some flaking and some scratches on the leading edge. at ~150k, its the norm.

my 94, at 150k and has never had but the thermostat changed, when i opened it up, it was fairly coated in oil (bad pcv) but yet all of the coating was in place and nary a scrape on the leading edges... i stand firm on my opinion that that car is a factory freak. (minus its appetite for cuisine of the 4R70W type)

highspeedlab is one option, some people around here have just had them powdercoated.

you are running 15% total OD if i recall, correct? my ten and another 5% JS? if you're spinning it that quickly, you might want to think about using an uncoated rotor pack. while you're in there, clean up the ports a little (specifically the outlet) and get some new rear bearings in there. button it up with a solid coupler from ebay and a new front snout seal, fill er up with some bp 2180 turbo oil and give it hell top! :D

Last edited:
I have never heard of anyone getting them powder coated. In order to even attempt powder coating you must disassemble the entire rotor pack then reassemble keeping the rotors perfectly in time. Powder coating will more then likely be too thick also.

A set of GTP rotors bought off Ebay is the normal fix for this issue, just make sure the ones you buy are better than the ones you have.......Dan

That link you put up, their web site is kinda incomplete! Kinda lends to credibility?

Highspeed labs is owned and operated by Wade Embree (Formerly ESM). I have used a set of their rebuilt/coated rotors and they worked very well, but that was back in 2005/2006.

David

Last edited:
Back