Master or Slave cylinder?

sts70004

I just want to be 100% before I dig into this thing again. I'm leaking clutch fluid. From where I'm not 100% sure. When the pedal goes spongy, I can put fluid in the reservoir and it goes completely back to normal. I don't need to bleed the clutch to get it back. Sound normal?

Well, to be safe.....

And I really hate to say this, but the best thing to do would be just to replace both, especially if you have some miles on your car. The master is easy, however, the slave requires transmission removal. Might as well do both now and get the pain over with.

Thats the plan when I change the clutch, but I'm not there yet. So if the master was bad, that'd be a lot easier to deal with at the moment since I'm not ready for the tranny to come out for a while.

bad news

I hate to say it but it sounds like slave cylinder. Mine did the same thing, would leak fluid so I would add some and pedal feel came back. Then I eventually couldn't go 2 miles without having the fluid being refilled. Plus since you can't see the leak, odds are its all in the trans.

Back