header porting question

scxr7

I'm gonna have my exhaust headers ported, but I don't know which year/style header is the best to port out for the best flow.

I have 93/94/95 supercoupe and 96 cougar n/a headers laying around and don't know which set would be best to port. the 96 style headers look like they would be better since they're 3 tubes going into one collector instead of the log style s/c headers. but I don't know which is why I'm asking. looking to make 350+whp. already have the heads, cam, bottom end, mpx yadda yadda. just missing a good header. I already have a 2.5" MES x-piped exhaust on the car, so it seems like the stock headers are going to be the only restriction for 350-400whp.

I've read somewhere about a guy who compared multiple different exhaust headers and a set of 94/95 headers were pretty good. Anyways, thanks for any input.

sell the cougar headers to me, and port the 95 manifolds you have... i need some tubular ones for a project ;) :D

Casting numbers on 94-95 exhaust

Lots of talk about 94/95 exhaust manifolds in this thread and DD one on header testing. Are BOTH manifolds new for 94? I have a 95 SC with these casting numbers.
F2SE-9481-BA left exhaust
F4SE-6F076-AF right exhaust
If this is "normal" then the change in 94 was the passenger exhaust.

2nd question;
Did ALL T-birds in 94-95 with 3.8L get these manifolds? I saw this question asked several times with no answer.

3rd question;
Any other factory manifolds that has been found to be equal or better than the 94/95 OEM manifolds?
Thanks,
-Dave

Lots of talk about 94/95 exhaust manifolds in this thread and DD one on header testing. Are BOTH manifolds new for 94? I have a 95 SC with these casting numbers.
F2SE-9481-BA left exhaust
F4SE-6F076-AF right exhaust
If this is "normal" then the change in 94 was the passenger exhaust.

2nd question;
Did ALL T-birds in 94-95 with 3.8L get these manifolds? I saw this question asked several times with no answer.

3rd question;
Any other factory manifolds that has been found to be equal or better than the 94/95 OEM manifolds?
Thanks,
-Dave

I really want to know the answer to the 2nd question too.

Question #2 Answer,

ALL SC's were supposed to....tis what is shown in the factory assembly manual used at the Essex engine plant.

No...the document I have is actually a marked up 1991 version with written in 94 part numbers to indicate what changes needed to be made when the assembly manual was revised for the 94 model year. The manual normally only shows the "base" part number for use at the factory and had this not been a "marked-up" version I would not have been able to confirm the casting/engineering number I did.

thanks for the replies and the link to that thread. I decided to send my 95 manifolds off to get ported.

Back