Summer for ABS woes, here's my issue LOL

SC4LIFE

I didn't want to hijack the previous threads since my issue is different, i've been searching and reading all night to try get some insight into my woes, but came out a bit confused... Basically my brake peddle will go all the way to the floor, I had to pull the ebrake to assist with stopping. Now the car did sit for about 4 months over the winter, and when I started it up about a month ago, I just about ran into the wall in our underground compound LOL!

It's a 94 Auto SC with t/c, I've use the Ford TP90-50-ALA Teves Anti-Lock Brake Harness tool to bleed the HCU then proceeded to bleed the lines the 2 man job way, pump a few times and hold, open bleeder valve for fluid to drain, then closed bleeder valve, and repeated till clear fluid came out the lines... Once we were done, I got in the car, pushed on the brake and it felt good, then I turned the key to ON position and it stayed firm, then when I started the car the peddle went to the floor in about 2 seconds just as it did before when I drove it. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Luke

Well....given the symptoms you describe (good pedal that goes away as soon as you start the engine) my SWAG would be the power booster on the master cylinder. But I admit I am not as familiar with Teves Mark IV system as I am with the Mark II.

Here is a tidbit I found on the net.......

"Bad Brake Power Boost Unit Finally, if your brake booster goes bad you'll have low brake pedal issues. Most brake boosters are vacuum controlled, so a special vacuum measurement device that connects to the brake booster is needed to check it. If it's bad, you'll have to replace the boost unit."

Back