Hoods and Spoilers

mounty

Hi,

Anyone here bought the SCP hood or spoiler? Would like to know the quality etc if you have.

Thanks

Rob

Not sure what parts SCP carries, but my hood was Age Classic. Before that I had Motion Performance. Having seen nearly every hood available for these cars I can say that the craftsmanship is typical of a 'glass hood. It'll be slightly wavy, have some fitment issues, and probably be a real bugger to get working with the factory latch - which is why half the people out there have hood pins. But I haven't seen a hood yet that couldn't be made to look acceptable.

So as long as you don't expect perfection and are prepared to dink around with the install, I think you'll be happy. I say go for it. The juice is worth the squeeze.

For the Spoilers i would check ebay or a junk yard and get one off a tbird. $160 is pretty expensive, I bought mine for $40 used...

Jerry

Cervini makes a very nice Mach 1 style hood for the birds. Best quality I have seen. I have bought two of them and was happy with both. Very little in the way of prep work, the fit and finish is nice and it has a reinforced area so you can use the factory hood latch; I would still run hood pins as a back-up though.

Hi,

Anyone here bought the SCP hood or spoiler? Would like to know the quality etc if you have.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,
I know who makes the hoods for SCP. I personally visited the business. They used my SC to correct some of the common problems with the hoods. You will still need to trim up the hood no matter who you get the hood from.
Ken

I should be getting my hood from SCP late June , and I'll post some pictures . if that will help..

Ram Air Hood

Mine fit Great!

I also got a Ram Air Hood for my 95 Sc from SCP and the fit and finish were great. Light sanding, few spot glazing areas, primer and paint and it was ready!

Very easy to fit on the car with minimal fuss at all. Everything lined up very nicely.

I am using the factory latch so no hood pins for me!!

Here is a pic or 2

Attachments

• 2007 shootout.jpg
    2007 shootout.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 2007 shootout 2.jpg
    2007 shootout 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 112
I also got a Ram Air Hood for my 95 Sc from SCP and the fit and finish were great. Light sanding, few spot glazing areas, primer and paint and it was ready!

Very easy to fit on the car with minimal fuss at all. Everything lined up very nicely.

I am using the factory latch so no hood pins for me!!

Here is a pic or 2

OMG I love the color of your Bird? If you don't mind me asking what is that... I don't want to copy you, but I would love to have some close. Plus I want some strips or something

Back