PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Pinks........

nickleman60
05-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Well, I believe I'm all ready to go, everything's done on the car and it's singing like a church choir at WOT..........now Keith..........don't blow it up and embarrassed yourself on National TV...........:rolleyes:

DrFishbone
05-28-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm excited for you, Mitc....I mean Keith! :D

Roadhawg
05-28-2010, 07:20 AM
I installed the bolt in valve stems last night, so I am ready to go for the most part.
I still need to paint the return plenum black. :rolleyes:

nickleman60
05-28-2010, 07:25 AM
I still need to part the return plenum black. :rolleyes:

:confused: I guess you meant "paint".....that ought to net you 2 tenths in the cool department...............;)

Roadhawg
05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
:confused: I guess you meant "paint".....that ought to net you 2 tenths in the cool department...............;)

Doh....... owed by the keyboard

nickleman60
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
owed by the keyboard

"Owned" again I guess.

JACTcoupe
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Man I glad you guys don't bust on my miss spells... Everything I post on will get lit up like the 4th of July!!!

frdlvr30
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Chris told me yesterday that they were giving him a hard time for having rubber valve stems in his front rims. He thought they should be more concerned with him having slicks on the back and no driveshaft safety loop. What I was wondering later on is....Is there really any point it having a DS loop on our cars? If it busts a joint that thing aint going anywhere as long as the Factory gas tank is there....Its not like a Mustang where its going to enter itself into a pole vaulting competition....Thoughts?

nickleman60
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd rather rely on 2 steel safety loops than the tank. If they ask me I'm going to say yes.....and I have 2 of them.....which is the truth.

If they say something about the valve stems then I hope they'll let me run and sometime in the future I'll change them out. What if I went through tech with my street rims/tires, would they care then? Afterwards I could change them to my track tires.

Mike8675309
05-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Stock SC's have at least one safety loop, but it doesn't meet NHRA requirements for a continuous loop as it relies on the floor pan for the top have of the loop. Ford didn't want the shaft striking the tank either.

If you wanna go fast, and pass tech, you should have a full loop.

Never heard of an issue with rubber valve stems.

BLOWN38
05-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Atlanta Dragway and Maple Grove have said something to me or my Dad so far. They have always let us run though. I wanna say it has something to do with tube tires but I'm not sure. And they said it needed them if going 11.99 or quicker.

By the way I think I'm ready. Just like to get alittle bit of this 93 octane out of the tank first. Dad's car is in the trans shop for a rebuild, hopefully the guy gets her dun.

nickleman60
05-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Stock SC's have at least one safety loop, but it doesn't meet NHRA requirements for a continuous loop as it relies on the floor pan for the top have of the loop. Ford didn't want the shaft striking the tank either.

If you wanna go fast, and pass tech, you should have a full loop.

There's 2 loops, 1 by the diff and 1 underneath the gas tank near the front and yes I know it's suppose to be a full loop for NHRA requirements. I was thinking of just modifying the stock ones by just adding to the loop to enclosed them.

BLOWN38
05-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah I gotta mount a couple slicks and install a tube in another.

baer198
05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
time and date please ? I would like to see you two go at it lol.

nickleman60
05-29-2010, 07:09 AM
time and date please ? I would like to see you two go at it lol.

Sat. June 5th at Va. Motorsports Park. in Dinwiddie Va.

Going at it?....Chris & Todd are too fast for me to catch........I'll just see their tailights a few 10ths behind................:o

XR7 Dave
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Corey Binks had a driveshaft break at 100mph. It nearly came through the floor of the car. He said the shifter also nearly broke his hand when it happened and it was very scary. He has holes in his trans tunnel. A 360 deg hoop near the driver is a very good thing to have.

I've had driveshafts break on the dyno. The thing about a driveshaft break is that you are typically going 100mph when it happens, and there is nothing you can do but ride it out. It's not a good feeling at all as you are helpless at that point to do anything about it.

Keith, did you really up it to 150hp? If so, you are one crazy old bastard.

nickleman60
05-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Corey Binks had a driveshaft break at 100mph. It nearly came through the floor of the car. He said the shifter also nearly broke his hand when it happened and it was very scary. He has holes in his trans tunnel. A 360 deg hoop near the driver is a very good thing to have.

I've had driveshafts break on the dyno. The thing about a driveshaft break is that you are typically going 100mph when it happens, and there is nothing you can do but ride it out. It's not a good feeling at all as you are helpless at that point to do anything about it.

Keith, did you really up it to 150hp? If so, you are one crazy old bastard.

Before the Shoot-Out I'll have 2 360* loops for the driveshaft. I'll bet a driveshatf/u-joint letting go would make you mess in your pants.....just like I'm almost did when my hood flew up...........:eek:

What's wrong with a 150 shot Dave............Hey, I ain't scared.....I have big kahunas..........:D

baer198
05-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Any one want to bet a buck $ paypal ?

I'm going withe the crazy old ****** lol....:D

Mike8675309
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Not to mention once you start making serious power, anything spinning with sufficient mass is something to worry about. i.e. use high quality flexplate or flywheel/pressure plate bolts. When does a scatter shield be come mandatory... and then when does it simply make good sense?

XR7 Dave
05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
What's wrong with a 150 shot Dave............Hey, I ain't scared.....I have big kahunas..........:D

Ok, you asked for it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaY9ewvpzk)

Roadhawg
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Going at it?....Chris & Todd are too fast for me to catch........I'll just see their tailights a few 10ths behind................:o

I'm not so sure about that I topped off my car with 100 octane unleaded and with out a proper tune it slowed my car down. :o
I need to get a 100 octane tune before Thursday. :rolleyes: I sure wish my Mods where finished before DD arrived to do your tune.

nickleman60
05-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not so sure about that I topped off my car with 100 octane unleaded and with out a proper tune it slowed my car down. :o
I need to get a 100 octane tune before Thursday. :rolleyes: I sure wish my Mods where finished before DD arrived to do your tune.

hmmmm...... that makes me wonder about mine......maybe I'd better just go with a 50/50 mix of 93 and 100, what do you think?

nickleman60
05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok, you asked for it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaY9ewvpzk)

That funny dude.....:D

frdlvr30
05-29-2010, 10:21 PM
And by the way...those rims measure 8" wide that I mounted the new slicks on today. I measured them...but they say 16x7.5 on them.

nickleman60
05-30-2010, 09:04 AM
And by the way...those rims measure 8" wide that I mounted the new slicks on today. I measured them...but they say 16x7.5 on them.

The wider the better...............:D

nickleman60
05-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I figured I'd better try them on and make sure they fit and they fit great.

frdlvr30
05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
They look good. Driving your Truck out to Pepper's yesterday to mount those for you brought back memories. I used to own a truck just like that old one of yours. Except it was a few years older and 4WD. Hard to beat them old trucks....Though your M5OD in it is making noise. This is usually due to them being run low on fluid due to the three rubber plugs leaking on the back of the shifter housing...Have you ever checked the fluid level in that tranny? The plugs aint but a few bucks and 5 minutes to replace....It will always make noise, but replacing those plugs and topping the fluid off usually will keep it from breaking...Im sure its been that way for years...

nickleman60
05-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Though your M5OD in it is making noise. This is usually due to them being run low on fluid due to the three rubber plugs leaking on the back of the shifter housing...Have you ever checked the fluid level in that tranny? The plugs aint but a few bucks and 5 minutes to replace....It will always make noise, but replacing those plugs and topping the fluid off usually will keep it from breaking...Im sure its been that way for years...

I keep check on the fluid, it does leak but I don't think it's where you're talking about. All the gears whine except 4th........:confused:

frdlvr30
05-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I keep check on the fluid, it does leak but I don't think it's where you're talking about. All the gears whine except 4th........:confused:

It doesnt do it in fourth since that gear is 1 to 1 and doesnt use the countershaft.

nickleman60
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
It doesnt do it in fourth since that gear is 1 to 1 and doesnt use the countershaft.

I guess that makes sense, I wouldn't know..........:D

David Neibert
06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Before the Shoot-Out I'll have 2 360* loops for the driveshaft. I'll bet a driveshatf/u-joint letting go would make you mess in your pants.....just like I'm almost did when my hood flew up...........:eek:

Good luck getting traction if your hitting it with that much nitrous off the starting line.

David

nickleman60
06-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Good luck getting traction if your hitting it with that much nitrous off the starting line.

David

We shall see, I'm counting on the 10.5 M/T slicks............:eek:

Otherwise I'll just hit the arming switch halfway through 1st gear.........;)

frdlvr30
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Well, atleast he has a plan...

JACTcoupe
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Idk, With that 4:10 gear even haft way through 1st with a 150shot I still see them things light up like the 4th of July.. But who knows, what kind of air pressure you going to run in the slicks? Can always air down if you can't get it to stick. But then run the risk of braking the bead:rolleyes:.... HAHA Sound to much like fun:D

95_XR7
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Idk, With that 4:10 gear even haft way through 1st with a 150shot I still see them things light up like the 4th of July.. But who knows, what kind of air pressure you going to run in the slicks? Can always air down if you can't get it to stick. But then run the risk of braking the bead:rolleyes:.... HAHA Sound to much like fun:D

For some reason, rather than the bead breaking, I see the halfshaft exploding. However, I'm probably just imagining that because that would be my kind of luck. :p

-Corey

David Neibert
06-02-2010, 03:32 PM

It really depends on the track. Here's what happened to me at the 2007 Shootout launching with a 100 HP shot on MT 10.5" ET drags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC57DGP2BKI

David

nickleman60
06-02-2010, 04:07 PM
It really depends on the track. Here's what happened to me at the 2007 Shootout launching with a 100 HP shot on MT 10.5" ET drags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC57DGP2BKI

David

But David, I have better drag racing skills than you..................:rolleyes:

Ira R.
06-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Wasn't that the year of your John Force impersonation?! :D

Ira

David Neibert
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Wasn't that the year of your John Force impersonation?! :D

Ira

Yeah...It didn't matter because all I needed to do was break the beams to win because Kevin didn't qualify when his transmission broke on the starting line. Decided to use the nitrous and see if I could get a 10 second pass. With the 300 ft burnout I ended up with a 12.3.

David

David Neibert
06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
But David, I have better drag racing skills than you..................:rolleyes:

True, but not for long because I'm taking a 10 month drag racing class :cool:

Tonight we practice staging and launching. Since the 91 is getting a blower and fuel system upgrade next week, I didn't want to risk breaking anything, so I'm bringing the scary car. Just hope it doesn't rain because i've got the drag radials on it, and they don't have much tread left.

David

nickleman60
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
True, but not for long because I'm taking a 10 month drag racing class :cool:

Tonight we practice staging and launching. Since the 91 is getting a blower and fuel system upgrade next week, I didn't want to risk breaking anything, so I'm bringing the scary car. Just hope it doesn't rain because i've got the drag radials on it, and they don't have much tread left.

David

I guess someeone wants revenge from last years loss at the Shootout.........:D

z90sc
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
...LOL...this is getting to be a fun read...........;)
z

Kurt K
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
I guess someeone wants revenge from last years loss at the Shootout.........:DYes he does. I guess I need to work on some go-fast mods now....or maybe a diet for me and the car.

JACTcoupe
06-03-2010, 02:17 AM
...LOL...this is getting to be a fun read...........;)
z

Yes it is :D

Ira R.
06-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Kurt, aren't you taking the same class??

Ira

David Neibert
06-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Ira

Ira,

Kurt and Rod took the class two years ago. Kurt suggested I attend this year and he is retaking the class with me.

I did pretty good on staging consistently...1st and 3rd time were within 3/8", but 2nd time was 1" too deep...goal is to be within 1/2" all the time. 1st RT was .098...lost concentration on the 2nd pass watching the boost gauge and got a .680 and got it back together for the last pass and got a .013. Unfortunately I spun the drag radials for the entire 60 ft on every pass yeilding times ranging from something like 2.25 to 2.05 :(

David

nickleman60
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Ira,

Kurt and Rod took the class two years ago. Kurt suggested I attend this year and he is retaking the class with me.

I did pretty good on staging consistently...1st and 3rd time were within 3/8", but 2nd time was 1" too deep...goal is to be within 1/2" all the time. 1st RT was .098...lost concentration on the 2nd pass watching the boost gauge and got a .680 and got it back together for the last pass and got a .013. Unfortunately I spun the drag radials for the entire 60 ft on every pass yeilding times ranging from something like 2.25 to 2.05 :(

David

Sounds like you eye/brain/foot coordination time is pretty damn good, now the only thing to figure out is the most throttle you can apply without spinning, that's probably even harder to master......:confused:

David Neibert
06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds like you eye/brain/foot coordination time is pretty damn good, now the only thing to figure out is the most throttle you can apply without spinning, that's probably even harder to master......:confused:

Yeah...I don't know what was happening because these tires usually bite very hard. Chris Wise was using them at the Shootout and was pulling 1.5 sixty foot times, and I ran high 10s with them at Joilet last year. I know it was probably too much air pressure on the first pass, then a lousy burnout on the 2nd pass because there wasn't any water in the burnout box, but on the third pass I did everything right and still spun them just as bad.

On the last pass, it was just starting to sprinkle rain on the winsheild, so maybe that was it. BTW, this was on the turbo car launching with 6 to 8 pounds of boost off the trans brake.

David

Kurt K
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM

Ira
Yeah, but like David said, I took the class 2 years ago. I was really hoping to have my car there so I could really work on things, but I ended up brining the DD Nissan Maxima. I figured the automatic Maxima was a closer match (as far as staging is concerned) than if I would have brought one of my 5 speed SC's. I did have a best reaction time of .009, and I red lighted with a -.007 once; so I felt pretty good. I will say the Maxima might make a decent bracket car...my three 60' times were 2.440, 2.436 and 2.446, so my 1/4 times would have been pretty consistant.

Ira R.
06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
That's all great stuff. Interesting that they can get you lined up within 1/2" of the line without having someone walk you in. The art of staging.

And those reaction times are excellent. Once you get some consistancy there you guys are going to be even tougher to beat then you are now!!

Ira

BLOWN38
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I guess I need to work on some go-fast mods now....or maybe a diet for me and the car.

Yes you do!
Low fuel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAJPf7K3aY):eek:

Just right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBMWQtpVGg):)

David Neibert
06-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes you do!

Just right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBMWQtpVGg):)

Chris,

Big Congrats on that 11.53 @ 120 !!

David

Kurt K
06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes you do!

Just right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBMWQtpVGg):)Looks like you'll break out, so I'll be fine :D

nickleman60
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Looks like you'll break out, so I'll be fine :D

By the Shootout he'll be at the wrong end of the Outlaw class.............:eek:

Ira R.
06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Yea, tech is already starting to nitpick on him..... :p

Ira

nickleman60
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks to Dave, we're riding and staying in pure luxury......;)

frdlvr30
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Be there shortly and we will hit the road...Call Chris V and see what time he is leaving.....

Ira R.
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM

WoW!! :eek: Looking gooood. The only thing missing is the name of the racing team on the back of the camper :D

Ira

frdlvr30
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah...I don't know what was happening because these tires usually bite very hard. Chris Wise was using them at the Shootout and was pulling 1.5 sixty foot times, and I ran high 10s with them at Joilet last year. I know it was probably too much air pressure on the first pass, then a lousy burnout on the 2nd pass because there wasn't any water in the burnout box, but on the third pass I did everything right and still spun them just as bad.

On the last pass, it was just starting to sprinkle rain on the winsheild, so maybe that was it. BTW, this was on the turbo car launching with 6 to 8 pounds of boost off the trans brake.

David

And I thought you were BS'ing with the Drag racing class bit....Your dead serious...

nickleman60
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
WoW!! :eek: Looking gooood. The only thing missing is the name of the racing team on the back of the camper :D

Ira

It would be "Poor Boy V6 Racing" if it had one.........:rolleyes:

David Neibert
06-04-2010, 01:08 AM
And I thought you were BS'ing with the Drag racing class bit....Your dead serious...

Yes I am...Team David is doing the Double Whammy this year, with more power and better driving.
David

nickleman60
06-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Well, I just got back from Pinks and it wasn't a great weekend because of the super hot & humid weather. I did manage a new personal best of 11.94 @114.6 mph. Chris's best time I think was an 11.79 so I guess that kinda tells you the story with the effect of the heat on performance. The car launched pretty hard and although I didn't run the numbers I thought I would I was satisfied with the results considering the conditions. I'm sure I'll see some quicker times when the weather cools off in the fall, I can't wait......:rolleyes:

Ira R.
06-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Still and all those are good runs!

Ira R..

nickleman60
06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Still and all those are good runs!

Ira R..

The best part about my 11.94 run was I was lined up next to a '67 Nova, Pro street style. If you look at the time slip he had me at the 60', 330' but I started reeling him in at the 1/8 and passed him by the 1000' and won by .191. When we lined up later that day in the staging lanes for our second run, he came up to me and asked me was it turbo'd and I said no and told him what I had. All he could say was that I embarrassed him..............:o

Oh yeah, on my back glass I had written 4000 lb V-6.............:D

David Neibert
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Keith,

Congrats on getting into the 11s.

David

frdlvr30
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
they ended up taking the Low 11 class to the final. They actually had a run off of 64 cars. 32 from the low 10sec class and 32 from the low 11sec class. The 11's got in. That is what Sherman was running on Friday in Practice. So they mounted new slicks on the car and up'ed the bottle and it ran 10.7 on Saturday. Figures, huh? It was stupid hot and humid out there. Everyone was 3-5 tenths slower...We all left before the taping of the show was even started...

1MTNCAT
06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
It was great getting to spend some Pit/Track time with you guys and help out Team Vining with their cars as well this weekend.

All your runs were good this weekend, even the ones you thought weren't quite up to par. Just get a little more seat time and Practice! Practice! Practice! Get the consistancy down on what needs done, run to run.

Judging from some number calculations on your passes they would all have been in the 11's with the DA's what they were. Chris confirmed when we got back to his place last nite. The one was a 11.6 Corrected. About what I'd figured.

Fordlvr30 - Please be sure to thank those folks for the use of the RV. That made things much more bearable in the conditions. I know we all appreciated it. Hope to see you have a car at one of the events this year.

You guys ROCK!!!!

:D

1MTNCAT
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
The best part about my 11.94 run was I was lined up next to a '67 Nova, Pro street style. If you look at the time slip he had me at the 60', 330' but I started reeling him in at the 1/8 and passed him by the 1000' and won by .191. When we lined up later that day in the staging lanes for our second run, he came up to me and asked me was it turbo'd and I said no and told him what I had. All he could say was that I embarrassed him..............:o

Oh yeah, on my back glass I had written 4000 lb V-6.............:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah!! If I remember correctly I had a driver look at me and say "Why did I have to get lined up with this car" LMAO!!!!

Just makes yours look that much more impressive. Wonder what the folks in the stands thought when you went roaring past him and they couldn't even hear your car!!!!

;)

Roadhawg
06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
It was great getting to spend some Pit/Track time with you guys and help out Team Vining with their cars as well this weekend.

Great seeing you at the track. I sure wish I had made some passes, but I was able to live vicariously through Keith, Chris and Sherman.

nickleman60
06-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Dave used Chris's camera and taped our runs, well most of them. Chris will post them up when he gets to it.

z90sc
06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Let's hear it for the MAmn12 and HRSCC gang!!!!! Ya'll were "representin'"...man I wish that I could have been there...Keith,we're all proud of you,it's great to see a member of our "southside gang" out there doing so well...........
z

nickleman60
06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Let's hear it for the MAmn12 and HRSCC gang!!!!! Ya'll were "representin'"...man I wish that I could have been there...Keith,we're all proud of you,it's great to see a member of our "southside gang" out there doing so well...........
z

You should have come up on Sat. Although we did a lot of sitting around waiting to run it was still cool.

Roadhawg
06-07-2010, 07:05 AM
You should have come up on Sat. Although we did a lot of sitting around waiting to run it was still cool.

I would of went with the word "Fun", it was not cool there.

ricardoa1
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
I cannot see the vids, can you documents the results of the runs so I can at least read them till I get home.......

How quick and how fast :D

nickleman60
06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I cannot see the vids, can you documents the results of the runs so I can at least read them till I get home.......

How quick and how fast :D

Sherman

11.217@122.48
11.098@123.61
? No time, jumped the start
Arm drop-10.780@128.90

Chris
? No video
11.866@118.59
11.790@113.03
Arm drop-11.810@115.47

Keith

12.359@111.63
12.107@113.56
11.943@114.63
No video Arm drop-13.084@107.84
Forgot to arm the nitrous & crappy start.

ricardoa1
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Sherman

11.217@122.48
11.098@123.61
? No time, jumped the start
Arm drop-10.780@128.90

Chris
? No video
11.866@118.59
11.790@113.03
Arm drop-11.810@115.47

Keith

12.359@111.63
12.107@113.56
11.943@114.63
No video Arm drop-13.084@107.84
Forgot to arm the nitrous & crappy start.

Very nice, Congrats. Keith is this the first 11s for you?

nickleman60
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Very nice, Congrats. Keith is this the first 11s for you?

Yes it is, like we said the weather was horribly hot & humid. I believe that with decent temperatures & low humidity I should be around an 11.6.

XR7 Dave
06-08-2010, 02:40 AM
:eek:

"I sleep at the tree - OMG Chris! Yawn........." :o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBMWQtpVGg)

BLOWN38
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
"I sleep at the tree - OMG Chris! Yawn........." :o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBMWQtpVGg)

It took the computer extra long to come up that time. I had to make sure it was logging.:o I really need to get a better battery so I don't have to worry about it so much.

At VMP this past weekend I didn't get to log the first run cause of all the breakage. Kept having to start and stop the puter, then had to let the car idle for 45 minutes so I could make sure I would be running to make the pass. Ricardo do you have a link to the space you used on your starter? I'm gonna throw a heat shield on it too. Friday was horrible for me.:mad:

ricardoa1
06-08-2010, 10:59 AM
It took the computer extra long to come up that time. I had to make sure it was logging.:o I really need to get a better battery so I don't have to worry about it so much.

At VMP this past weekend I didn't get to log the first run cause of all the breakage. Kept having to start and stop the puter, then had to let the car idle for 45 minutes so I could make sure I would be running to make the pass. Ricardo do you have a link to the space you used on your starter? I'm gonna throw a heat shield on it too. Friday was horrible for me.:mad:

I bought it at the parts stores its in the HELP section of it the red packages with all the doo dads to fix stupid stuff. I dont remember the part number. I had absolutely not problems after the shim. And while waiting for my award at the grands stands I turned off/on the car about 20 times.

1MTNCAT
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Yeah, Friday sucked for sure. Glad you are planning to rid yourself of those problems. I was amazed it started as quick as it did on the first hit, but after that burnout then the stall, it was a no go. I get tired pretty quick trying to push a 3900 lb car out of the burnout area and up the hill :rolleyes: !! At least we had some help.

We got it done and did manage to get that first run in. I was more concerned at that time of you missing that run and not getting a second one in due to the car count. But it all worked out.

Considering running on the heavy front street tires along with the heat and humidity, the car ran very well. Consistant as all get out too. Was within a 1/10th ET all weekend long.

Awesome job by the car and DRIVER!! ;)

stangerbanger
06-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeah, Friday sucked for sure. Glad you are planning to rid yourself of those problems. I was amazed it started as quick as it did on the first hit, but after that burnout then the stall, it was a no go. I get tired pretty quick trying to push a 3900 lb car out of the burnout area and up the hill :rolleyes: !! At least we had some help.

We got it done and did manage to get that first run in. I was more concerned at that time of you missing that run and not getting a second one in due to the car count. But it all worked out.

Considering running on the heavy front street tires along with the heat and humidity, the car ran very well. Consistant as all get out too. Was within a 1/10th ET all weekend long.

Awesome job by the car and DRIVER!! ;)

my only contribution to yall lol

1MTNCAT
06-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't think it wasn't appreciated!

Its always nice when folks pitch in to help in those cases.

Hopefully he'll have that situation resolved here soon. :)

Now you need to get yours ready for some 1/4 blasting.