engine swap

89SCbird

first off. im new, just bought an 89 SC for a steal. score on my part i do believe. The only problem is theres no motor, no trans, no exhaust. What would be a good cheaper swap into it. A 5.0 and 5 spd, tryin to find another sc 3.8 and 5 spd, or...? Im open to any ideas, as long as they fit with little modification. Another question, if i find a 5.0 and an auto or 5spd, should i go carb or fuel injection. Im just lookin to get the car running in the shortest amount of time. Open to ALL suggestions, even reselling the car if anyone is interested.

Is it a 5 speed car?

I have a line on a complete 5-spd car that has an overheating problem that has a not so great body. Great donor car for a good body!

Let me know

Imho....

Since it is an SC, keep it an SC by installing a proper 3.8L SC engine from another donor car or buy the engine! I have done a 5.0 / AOD swap before, and, although not a super hard job, it can be involved. Best to just swap in what it had to start with! I would go with a 5-speed though. The stock 3.8L SC engine will smoke a stocker 5.0 tbird!

Back