Wiring harness questions

Condor232

My project is nearing an end and I have some wiring connections that I need help locating.

1.) The ECT sensor, what harness is it on and where is the connector located?

2.) Oil pressure switch, same question as above...

3.) inlet plenum sensor on the back with the vaccuum connections next to it...same question as above.

Thanks,

the ECT sensor is going to be on the engine harness and should be on the passenger side of the sc

oil pressure switch is on the main harness on the driver side, might be a red L 90 degree push connector with a single wire, its located behind the p/s pump, follow the ignition coil wiring

the ACT sensor is going to be on the engine harness, its probably down there by the o2 sensor or may have fallen on the trans, if memory serves it looms with the driver side hego

the ECT sensor is going to be on the engine harness and should be on the passenger side of the sc

oil pressure switch is on the main harness on the driver side, might be a red L 90 degree push connector with a single wire, its located behind the p/s pump, follow the ignition coil wiring

the ACT sensor is going to be on the engine harness, its probably down there by the o2 sensor or may have fallen on the trans, if memory serves it looms with the driver side hego

Any pics you can give? The problem is I am rewiring the car on a Mustang harness.

Any pics you can give? The problem is I am rewiring the car on a Mustang harness.

If you are using the Mustang Harness the only SC connector you will need is the TPS connector. You will need to open up the Mustang wiring harness and reroute/extend wires to their new locations. You will be using all your original Mustang sensors except the TPS. The wires for the IAT need to be extended from the passengers fender wheel, to the drivers side firewall.

If you are using the Mustang Harness the only SC connector you will need is the TPS connector. You will need to open up the Mustang wiring harness and reroute/extend wires to their new locations. You will be using all your original Mustang sensors except the TPS. The wires for the IAT need to be extended from the passengers fender wheel, to the drivers side firewall.

Thanks for jumping in Roadhawg. Besides the TPS sensor, I also have one of the ECT sensors not being used (The 98 looks like it had two, one on top where the thermostat comes in and one on the lower intake near the passenger's side head).

I guess my confusion is coming from the different locations of some of the sensors. Any pics you could provide would be great!

It looks like I am missing the boots for the oil pressure switch and also the temp sensor near the coolant bypass. Both of these look like just a push on design. Should I be ok with splicing in and eyelet and using a nut to hold it onto the sensor threads?

Well....My understanding is that the "threads" on those sensors aren't really threads that will accept nuts of common sizes.

Back