doors unlock but not lock from inside

mellbutler

came this way from previous owner....anyone have a clue why the door locks (both sides) will unlock but not lock.

also where is the usual operating range of boost with everyday driving?

melissa

What year is the car?

Is there an aftermarket alarm?

Have you inspected the switches and fuses?

As for boost...normal depends on how far you put your foot down. You should see up to 12lbs. at the most, but you can drive around all day easy and be lucky to see 5.

What year is the car?

Is there an aftermarket alarm?

Have you inspected the switches and fuses?

As for boost...normal depends on how far you put your foot down. You should see up to 12lbs. at the most, but you can drive around all day easy and be lucky to see 5.

it's an 89, no alarm

I would think it's not a fuse since it unlocks...but I know much about that kind of stuff and again they both don't lock so I don't think it's a bad switch. I know the previous owner thried to figure it out but couldn't and I wanted to see if anyone had an idea on here.

yeah that's about what I get. I kept seeing really high boot numbers on posts but wasn't sure if that is wide open or general driving. I figured it was a maxed out number but just wanted to make sure. Yeah, cause usually I see about 5.

Lock

Locking the doors is probably just a wiring or switch issue. These things do happen.

Boost numbers are around 10-12 psi on 89-93's and up to 12psi on 94-95's unless you have a pulley (overdrive) on the blower. I DO NOT recommend to anyone to put an overdrive pulley on the blower unless certain mods are done. Use the search function on these topics as they have been covered since 1999!!!!

Good luck with the new ride!!

Don

Back