Tired of oil in my...

EATONBIRD

I dont like the oil going into my air filter. I really dont like it in my MAF. I was wondering... Can I plug the air inlet tube and put a breather on the driver side valve cover. Will this hurt anything. Is there a better solution. What have u guys done or seen done about this Thanx--------Tim

How are you getting oil into your air filter? That tube is always under vacuum due to the placement before the supercharger.

If you are getting oil in the air filter, you have more serious issues - like detonation.

You can vent that valve cover if you want but that will create a slight vacuum leak at idle. Lots of people do it though.

If you are getting oil in the air filter, you have more serious issues - like detonation.

You can vent that valve cover if you want but that will create a slight vacuum leak at idle. Lots of people do it though.

Detonation? I dont understand. Is the oil gonna cause it, or is the oil a sign of it?

I understnd that its always under vaccum, but its draining down the inlet pipe into my MAF and my cone filter.

Would eleminating the possability of the oil getting into the inlet gonna hurt my motor, whats its spicific purpose?

What would happen if I plug both the air inlet pipe and the valve cover.

If I do use a breather will it effect performance/drivability? Due to vaccum lose at idle.

Thanx guys-------Tim

I may try this. Ill buy a MR. Gasket breather w/ filter that has a spout, that way there is no leak in or out. I will run the line into the intake pipe like normal. Its cheap and should be effective.

Any inputs?

Tim

Back