wont start

warpedsc

little problem. getting spark getting fuel but wont start. have checked the timing even moved it 180 to see if i had it out and still no start. acts like it going to then wont. has me confused as hell.

Have you checked for harmonic balancer wobble.....

It only takes a little bit to not make the engine fire off....

its good. thinking about it and might have fouled out the plugs. going to double check everything tomorrow to make sure ive got it right then try to start it up. it just driving me crazy cause i want to drive it so bad and might of missed something small

well timing is set right, getting fuel and spark just wont start. as i messed with it today it almost tried to catch but thats when the battery started to give out so had to put it back on the cgarger. now it wont even get to that point now

have even took the plugs out and clean them. at a lose here tring to get this one. might just load it up and take it to my buddys shop and put it on his computer.

have done that ever since i was a kid working on cars with my grandpa. take a lighter burn off extra gas then clean it with a small knife. has work for me everytime before woundnt see why now would be any different

The electrode of spark plugs has a fairly large porosity. The molecules of the fuel are smaller than the pores in the electrode (assuming platinum coated, or plain copper, not iridium). When the electrode becomes saturated with fuel, the electrical conductance of the material is reduced greatly.

I'm not saying what you've done in the past is wrong. I'm just saying that it is terribly easy to foul plugs with EFI motors if you do not take care not to flood the motor. From your post, I see no evidence that you took any care not to flood the motor. You might consider reviewing this thread as an example of what the problems were, and what the solution became. (i.e. new plugs)
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99024&highlight=fuel+foul+plugs

minus a small oil leak and a bad coolent line it runs once again. amazing how just plugs wires that look perfect are actually bad.

Back