Pushrod help?

Scman73

I have a 93 and 95 Sc's with 5-speed. Both engines have been rebuilt and have performance parts on them. The 95 is done and running but has a tapping noise. When I put the 1:73 Ford roller rockers on the 93 motor and tightened them up, I noticed the rockers and pushrod were not all that tight. That led me to thinking that was the problem on the 95(I had someone put the 95 together for me and I was not involved).

My mechanic told me that the stock pushrods are too short when switching to the roller rockers. Is this true? He checked into this a bit(He lives in FL now) and told me I needed to get new pushrods and get them 3/16" longer.

Anybody else have a tapping noise or have experience with this.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

yes

You will need longer pushrods depending on the cam that was installed. Cams are reground, therefore, REMOVING material from the cam. This causes the pushrods to be short. Longer ones are necessary to maintain good valve geometry and lift height.

Use the search function and if you don't understand what I am saying, bring the car to someone who can measure the correct length rod and install them. Not real tricky, not real easy either!!

Don

Back