Great news!! My ABS is leaking!! Help!!

phils89sc

I was changing my oil today in my 89 SC and noticed a puddle forming on the driver's side below the ABS master cylinder. I went over there and looked up to find that it seemed to be dripping from where the ABS motor attaches to the pump. I can only guess this is really bad news. My ABS doesn't work anyway, the accumulator pump is pretty much the only thing pressurizing the system.

So, I have decided finally that the ABS has to go, I am sick of worrying whether I am going to have brakes the next time I push the pedal. I am getting the following parts from a 93 SC and need some advice on if it will work. I posted this before but got no response. I am getting the brake booster and brake master cylinder from a 93 SC. I am going to cap off the main fluid line to the ABS module and use the rest as a conventional system.
Is this possible? Do I have to use the Crown Vic (93) master cylinder type setup?

Thanks

Come on over to my shop.....

I have a complete unit that was on my silver 92 until I swapped back to the standard ABS system.....

I can show you exactly what you need and how to install and trouble shoot it....:cool:

Trip to shop...

I would really appreciate that, trouble is, I don't get off work till 5pm and you close about that same time right?

Back