Anyone got pics of Teves Mk 2 outside the car?

phils89sc

I just wanted to get a picture of what they look like outside the car. I need to remove the pump motor assembly to reseal it. Thanks

How's this?
Image12.jpg

Actually...

I was looking more for pics of the 89-92 SC Teves MK2 setup, multiple angles.. Anyone?

Should have asked this sooner....:p

I just parted one out and it is in pieces.....:(

I have another one in the cabinet at my storage....

What angle are you looking for....:confused:

I can run over and get you any angle you need....

That unit kinda looks like it came from a Saab, except the pressure switch is on opposite side....

Last edited:
While you might remove it, reinstalling the pump motor with the assembly in the car is near impossible. The motor drives the pump via a coupler with an offset slot. There isn't sufficient room to ensure assembly of the motor into the coupler and the coupler onto the pump shaft with the motor in a horizontal orientation, not to mention you can't see anything.

Pulling the entire assembly is not that difficult. the only issue I had was I had a fluid fitting that just wouldn't budge and ended up needing to be replaced.

X2 on that.....:p

The drive key can be hard to line up even when the unit is out of the car and on the bench.....:rolleyes:

I agree that it would be nearly impossible to line one up with the unit still on the car....

Which fitting were you having trouble with.....

X2 on that.....:p
Which fitting were you having trouble with.....

It was the fitting in the master cylinder that went down to the pressure block that runs to the rear brakes. The line twisted off up at the master cylinder (it wouldn't turn inside the fitting).

I replaced that section of line with a cunifer line from these guys:http://www.fedhillusa.com/ I told them the fittings on each side, the total length, and they made me up a replacement line that I simply installed. Cunifer is a copper/nickel allloy with greater corrosion resistance than standard brake lines and is easier that stainless steel to work with.

Back