Check engine light

pbdevastator

On a couple occasions recently, I had the car out on some hotter weather, and for like 45minutes + in stop/go traffic, mostly stopped. Check engine light on 2 of those occasions came on almost at the end of my trip, but after sitting for a bit and starting it isn't lit anymore. Car didn't perform any different, and no smoke or anything coming from engine. radiator still full too. Just wondering if you guys think it might be running hot or of something else bad is happening. Haven't tried pulling codes or anything yet.

Guess i should mention that i dont have what i need to pull the codes, was hoping to get an educated guess. I really just think the car doesn't like long stop and go traffic trips in hot weather.

so the right bank 02 sensor is reading lean, or its not switching.

look at the wires/connector, and see if your powers and ground are good, if they are its most likely an 02 sensor.

also any vacuum leaks??? check for those too

I just wonder why it only has come on twice? Both days were hot, car was in stop and go traffic, mostly stop. Both times light came on like 45minutes into the trip, then is back off next time car starts up. But again cars act funny so guess its not too suprising.

Back