anyone close to or in ohio......

two1six

I am in dying need of a camshaft synchronization tool. Any one know of where I can get one or borrow one? Thanks for the help.

I would check rockauto. My wifes windstar syncronizer came with one but they are not the same as the SC. I had to borrow one from the local dealer.
Alan

You don't need the tool. Just line up the edges of the sensor vane with a straight edge so that it extends out the dead middle of the notch. The solid part of the vane should be back towards the motor.

I'll give your technique a try Dave. It's close but once in a while the tach jumps. And the computer goes into guessing mode.

I recently replaced a camshaft sensor that was intermittent to always failing. The only difference between the new sensor and the one I took off was obvious corrosion on the metal element piece of the sensor that is usually visible.

If you pull the sensor off, examine that area closely and see if you note corrosion. If not, then that may not be the problem. But if so, you may need to replace it. I still have my old one and I was intending to cut it open and see what's inside to get a better idea of the failure mode (corrosion... or something failing inside). Haven't done that yet.

Back