PDA

View Full Version : 95 Tbird V8 w/5 Speed

mechman1984
06-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I am looking to trade my tbird for a Supercoupe. I would ideally like a 5 speed but I will consider an auto. A little about my car, it is a 95 with leather, it has a 4.6l DOHC motor that I swapped in about 5 years ago, it also has a tr3650 from a 2006 mustang that I swapped in last year, brand new brakes and calipers all around, and it has a flowmaster exhaust on it. The body is the worst part of the car as can be seen in the photos it was hit in the rear quarter, has some minor rocker rust and the bottom of the doors need some work. I have done most of the body work on the quarter panel but I just don't have time to finish it. It needs a few things done for it to be perfect but overall it is a great car to drive. It also needs to have the speedcal configured properly. The motor runs like a top and has plenty of power. I am looking for any year Supercoupe. I am located in New Jersey and would prefer to trade with some one in the local area. Thanks.

Pictures and videos,

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2270904400102099157KVsRxB

Will

XxSlowpokexX
06-14-2010, 01:50 PM
What did you do to extend the shifter?

Clutch cable or hydraulic?

mechman1984
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Slowpoke
This is the 06 TR3650 transmission as featured in the 05-09 mustang gt mated to the 3v engine. This transmission is not just a regular t45/3650. It features a remote shifter that goes up in the center of the stock hole. The hydraulics are all from an 06 mustang gt. I fabricated a custom pedal to run the hydraulics. It uses a stock mustang master and slave cylinder with a custom braided stainless line. As far as I know I am the one one to swap this transmission into a tbird. Another gentlemen put a tr6060 in his tbird also but it was behind a 03 cobra motor and he did the hydraulics differently.

The transmission looks like this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-06-Mustang-TREMEC-5-Speed-Transmission-4k-miles-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c12a2cbfeQQitemZ12057 1743230QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

If you are interested in trading let me know i would love to move on from this project and get back into a daily driver. Thanks.

Will

XxSlowpokexX
06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
If not for a trade how much straight up? I do have a decent 90 black SC 5 speed Id be willing to trade

jordansypek
06-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Free TTT, let me tell you owning a T45 V8 MN12, is something..... it was not an easy swap by any means... I would like to revisit my car and do the same upgrade you did... I used all the MCLEOD clutch equipment with a Wilwood Master. Everything is great, but the weakness of the T45 compared to the newer 3650, is obvious. Not to mention if I go this route again, you better believe I would just bite the bullet and go 6 speed. It's great to see people still doing this.

95xbird
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I think he at least wants $1800 for the car. Looks like a really good starting point for modifying a car. The swap is already done! If I could obtain it the first thing I'd hunt for is a supercharger as these motors really shine with forced induction. Unfortunately im just not ready to drop 1800 on another project.

mechman1984
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I am indeed looking for about $1800 or a good trade. It is defiantly a cool car and fun to drive. It has some good power and the 5 speed really makes a huge difference in these cars. Its just a lot more fun to drive. Unfortunately i just dont have the time or garage to support this car any longer. So some one come buy my car or trade me there Supercoupe. Thanks.

Will

getblown
06-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Id like to come check out the car and probably take it off of your hands this week, you've got my number, gimme a call and we'll work out the details.