wierd noise from supercharger

Supercouper

How do I tell if my bearings are going bad in my supercharger? I just got a new clutch put in my car and now my supercharger whistles it didn't do this before. It's weird because my car seems a lot faster than before. Is this normal?

Thanks Bill

bearing check.....

To check the bearings in the Supercharger all you need is a 12" extension from a socket set, I use a 1/2", and place it on the nose cone while the engine is running. Put your ear to the end of the extension that isn't on the nosecone, and listen to it. If it sounds very rough, then chances are that the nosecone bearing is going bad. Repeat the process with the other 4 bearings that are in the charger. 2 up front (near each of the corners of the housing behind the nosecone) and 2 at the back in the same location as the fronts.

Either that or take it to a mechanic that works on Diesel engines, they usually have a lot of experience with Turbo's and Superchargers, and ask them their opinion.

well

You said it has more power now and it whistles. Well that doesn't sound like bearings to me. Well it seems like the crossover valve could be getting stuck shut or the vacuum pump to open it at idle is leaking keeping that valve closed. You need to check this. What this will do if it stays closed is create more sucksion at the throttle body and it will hold boost between shiftsj giving the next gear more power.

please exsplain

Raymond

Back