cam sensor tool

JDC

Does anyone know were I can get a Cam
Sensor tool for a 90 SC?I think I've got it all set up right,but according to all the articles it sounds like I need to be sure w/the tool.Thank,JDC

I do'nt mean to be an a-hole by what I said above, I'm still new at this computer stuff and I'm still leaning where to find things and I just need time to think about it but thanks anyway for all the help I get from this web site. Thanks JDC

You don't need it.

It wont help you position the main body of the cam synchronizer stalk. The tool only helps you line up the metal half circle on the inside of the stalk with the notch, this can be done easy enough with a small straight edge or just eyeball it.
The hard part is dropping the main body of the cam stalk into place so that it does not interfere with other parts when the engine is fully assembled. It will turn clockwise about 30 degrees as you fully seat it and the cam stalk gear mates with the gear on the end of the cam shaft.
Do some searching and you will find very useful pictures and detailed procedures.

It's a lot easier to do the second time.

Bob

Tools I have seen will help with alignment of the stalk, as they have a tail that sticks out similar to how the top of the cam sensor sticks out for the wiring harness. This helps you visualize any clearance issue.

It is pretty easy to do this without the tool as well. As you just extend the line from the center of the slot, and that's where the harness connects.

I think that I've got everything lined up .I had notched the botttom of the dystribotor and the timing chain cover to mark were the dystribotor part needed to be at before I took it out.They match up.I put the damper at 26 degrees and then dropped in the dystribotor and it dropped all the way in.The center of the dystributor,the half circle part,lines up with the U cut out in the dystributor top,so I think I have everything right??All the pictures that I have seen in other threads looks just like mine.I was hoping to get someone over here,who has done this to take a look and make sure I got it right before I button it up.Thanks,JDC

Back