PDA

View Full Version : "Fords at the Summit" Norwalk OH, July 23-25

Duffy Floyd
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
While I was Carlisle, Lisa Leatherly stopped by and invited the SCCoA to attend an event she is organizing at Norwalk OH. For those of you who remember Lisa, she was, until like 4 years ago, the Event Director at Carlisle for all the events there including the All Ford Nationals. Lisa was the one that always took care of the SCCoA giving us a prime spot each year and always stopped by to ensure our needs were being met. Also a SC Owner. I think she deserves our support now.

This will be the 2nd annual event at Norwalk and is unique as it combines both a car show with a track event. Hopefully this will allow folks in the club of both persuasions to find a reason to attend. More details can be seen by checking out the following url. I have a brochure but there is a lot of info to try and capture and relate accurately so perhaps it is better to direct you to the source.

http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/schedule/fords-at-the-summit.ics/view

They are having..........Show & Shine judged and not judged categories
Drag Racing (Multiple classes and purses)
They have a WaterPark for the family aspects
Costs are dependent on what you sign up for $35 for the car show (with 2 tickets) Kids 6-12 are only $5 a day. Older is $10 a day. $65 for the Main Event Car & driver, $20 for Friday Night Shoot-out Car & Driver

There is the option to have the SCCoA registered as a club and have us all assigned to the same area on the showfield . If there is enough interest in people attending we CAN make this happen but we don't want folks to say yes then not show so we have egg on our face.

XR7 Dave
06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Now to get something ready to drive.....:D

Chuck AZ
06-15-2010, 03:21 AM
For those who have not been to Norwalk. You will not find a nicer facility in the country. I use to work for IHRA and traveled to many tracks in throughout the country. Families can stay at the local indoor water parks and the guys can go race a show! Wish I was still in Ohio to enjoy this. Maybe there will even be a Stan W. sighting!!!

Micahdogg
06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Now to get something ready to drive.....:D

:rolleyes: