PDA

View Full Version : Blower Upgrade

95_XR7
06-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Alright, so as some of you know, I purchased Mike C's 95 back in October. Since then I've been deciding on the route to go, and swapping parts over from my '94. (Built tranny, 3.5in Alum DS, Datalogging equipment, etc.)

Well, I finally picked up the new Supercharger. And I need/want your opinions on how to proceed. I will be replacing the polished M90 with... :D

a 1.7L AutoRotor.

Obviously, I could go out and get the whole thing polished. Or I could keep part of it black for contrast.

I'm more than likely going to powdercoat the snout brace, for the simple fact that it'd be impossible to keep clean otherwise due to it's location. Also, because of the need for the modified early style fuel lines, it will be getting a polished Kirban adj. regulator.

Your opinions?

-Corey

rzimmerl
06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't think you will be able to polish the AR now. The aluminum is anodized which will be extremely hard to remove. I like the black/aluminum look myself.

I just clear coated my snout brace for easy clean off.

If your adding an AFPR you might as well just get an Aeromotive remote and move it to an easily accessable location. I located mine on the driver side in the area between the shock tower and firewall.

Welcome to the dARk side :D

95_XR7
06-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't think you will be able to polish the AR now. The aluminum is anodized which will be extremely hard to remove. I like the black/aluminum look myself.

I just clear coated my snout brace for easy clean off.

If your adding an AFPR you might as well just get an Aeromotive remote and move it to an easily accessable location. I located mine on the driver side in the area between the shock tower and firewall.

Welcome to the dARk side :D

Appreciate the input. I know there was one member here, Randy Baker (He's from Effingham, Illinois) that had polished his AR. If I remember correctly, he had sent it off and paid a pretty penny. I was looking around and the Mustang guys like to go with polishing the inlet plenum and snout, but keep the actual body black. I like the look as well, but I'm trying to get ideas. Since it'll definitely be performing well, I want to keep it standing out at the shows. :D

Clear would work as well, and for some reason didn't even cross my mind. I do know though as far as the actual AR is concerned, I will be sending it to PSE to have the snout drilled to vent, rather than having the catch can.
Also, thanks for the idea about Aeromotive. I was almost dead set on the Kirban because that was pretty much the only thing I've seen recommended.

Appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be enjoying it. Just can't wait to get back to the states now. Have you had a chance to take yours out with the new AR?

-Corey

z90sc
06-13-2010, 11:22 PM
..you gotta' pm...........
z

frdlvr30
06-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Is this Neiberts old setup?

95_XR7
06-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Is this Neiberts old setup?

Negative

-Corey

David Neibert
06-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Corey,

The fuel regulator is going to be hidden behind the return plenum, so I wouldn't bother polishing it. BTW, I forgot to mention the return plenum is already drilled and tapped to accept dual meth injection nozzels. One is just prior to the air charge temp sensor and the other is just before the intake manifold mating surface. I put pipe plugs and sealer in each of holes.

I've been told that polishing the blower case can cause it to warp, so I would suggest leaving it black. The snout brace can be polished and sealed. Use Mobil 1 15w50 full synthetic oil for gear case, fill only to the notch in the blower dipstick.

If I were you I'd just repaint the return plenum and fuel rail in high gloss black and roll with it.

David

PS: I think the expansion tank looks cool.

95_XR7
06-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Corey,

The fuel regulator is going to be hidden behind the return plenum, so I wouldn't bother polishing it. BTW, I forgot to mention the return plenum is already drilled and tapped to accept dual meth injection nozzels. One is just prior to the air charge temp sensor and the other is just before the intake manifold mating surface. I put pipe plugs and sealer in each of holes.

I've been told that polishing the blower case can cause it to warp, so I would suggest leaving it black. The snout brace can be polished and sealed. Use Mobil 1 15w50 full synthetic oil for gear case, fill only to the notch in the blower dipstick.

If I were you I'd just repaint the return plenum and fuel rail in high gloss black and roll with it.

David

PS: I think the expansion tank looks cool.

Ehh, polished Kirban was wrong term. If I remember correctly, the style I'm thinking of is more of a brushed aluminum look. However, I'm possibly looking at a remote mount like Ryan's setup, depending on the amount of modification that's needed. If not, a Kirban is definitely going in. I appreciate the info on the Snow nozzles, and if I recall I read that in old posts from when you orginally installed the AR.

At this point, I'm waiting on my re-enlistment bonus (sometime this month) to go out and purchase a Snow kit, the AFPR and a few other small things for it.

Really? If that's the case, the blower will definitely be staying black. I didn't know that, and was only going off of what I had read from Randy's posts. Like you said, I may just respray them in black, and go that route. I'm sure I could find something else under the hood to polish instead. :D
I'm really looking for the motor to stand out. Who knows, maybe 2010 Shootout Best Engine Comparment/Detail? :cool:

-Corey

nickleman60
06-14-2010, 06:32 AM
I would leave it the color it's now. Are you doing any other upgrades like i/c, fuel pump , injectors, heads or cam?

95_XR7
06-14-2010, 07:25 AM
I would leave it the color it's now. Are you doing any other upgrades like i/c, fuel pump , injectors, heads or cam?

Is that David Neiberts old 1.7 AR?

There are a few other people that are running DBL I/C's and not having an issue due to the blower being more efficient than the M90. So I'll be sticking with the DBL IC I have, and just spraying meth. If it becomes an issue on down the road, I already have an IC core, and have money set aside to get a FMIC fabbed up. There is a new 255FI fuel pump sitting in the trunk of the car, as well as the 60lbs injectors which will be installed with the AR. Once I get an exact date on when I'll be home, I'll be talking to Dave Dalke again about tuning it.

I've talked to Dalke a little bit about heads and cam, but since I'm looking at buying an SUV/truck for DD use out in Colorado I'll be putting those off until next year.

There are plenty of guys that had the AR running with stock heads/cams without any issues. I'm just hoping to have it all together for the Shootout (I've missed the last two, and will probably miss 2011 if I end up heading back overseas) so I can get it dyno'd and on the track before the heads.

-Corey

rzimmerl
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
There is no fabrication needed to adapt a remote regulator to the stock fuel rail. Basically you just cut the factory rubber like hose off exposing the metal barbed rail, and discard the factory section where the regulator is. Using socketless hose (just like rebuilding from the MN12 article) you just install on to the barbs and run the hose to where you want to mount the remote regulator. I can send you the list of the parts I used to make it all happen, total cost was around $225 to do.

nickleman60
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes it is. Luckily, I had sent him a few PM's about buying it shortly after I bought the car from Mike.

-Corey

I had a chance to buy it before you but I didn't have the funds...........:mad:

The same thing happened to me with the 2.0 AR the Blown38 bought.......:mad:

95_XR7
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
There is no fabrication needed to adapt a remote regulator to the stock fuel rail. Basically you just cut the factory rubber like hose off exposing the metal barbed rail, and discard the factory section where the regulator is. Using socketless hose (just like rebuilding from the MN12 article) you just install on to the barbs and run the hose to where you want to mount the remote regulator. I can send you the list of the parts I used to make it all happen, total cost was around $225 to do.

Ahh, I hate that. From the way you explained it, and without looking at the fuel rail I was thinking something totally different. However, looking at that picture makes me wonder what was going through my head. :rolleyes:
I really need to get around my cars again. It's been 9 months since I've played around with one, and a year and a half since I've driven one.

If you wouldn't mind sending the list to me through a PM, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Now, with this remote AFPR, and everything else going under the hood, I'm really debating on moving the battery. Gotta make room for the snow system, AMW Oil Sep. (I WILL NOT be removing A/C) and now this. But I mean, if David can stuff that much under the hood of his V8 car, I'll figure it out. :D

-Corey

David Neibert
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Corey,

You can also use that same type push lock hose and plumb it to an aftermarket adjustable regulator instead of using that portion of the fuel rail and the SC style regulator. Here's where I mounted mine.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18881&d=1141909912

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18883&d=1141909912

David

rzimmerl
06-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Corey,

You can also use that same type push lock hose and plumb it to an aftermarket adjustable regulator instead of using that portion of the fuel rail and the SC style regulator. Here's where I mounted mine.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18881&d=1141909912

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18883&d=1141909912

David

Same location and same Aeromotive regulator I used also, actually I borrowed those pics when I did mine, thanks David :D

You'll need about 10 feet of -4 hose to make the 3 lines needed.

95_XR7
06-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Same location and same Aeromotive regulator I used also, actually I borrowed those pics when I did mine, thanks David :D

You'll need about 10 feet of -4 hose to make the 3 lines needed.

Appreciate the info you two. I will definitely be going this route.

Good to know. Once the Army decides to pay me more of my enlistment bonus (was supposed to get another lump sum nearly two weeks ago) I'll be ordering that AFPR, and everything needed for that, new Metco tensioner pulleys (the JS to SC pulley is going out so might as well), finally get the VFN hood painted, and ordering QH. Probably a few other things as well.

DEFINITELY thinking about pulling the trigger on a 5% JS pulley, because the 10% (15% MP JS and SC set) JS pulley is more than likely going to be a bit much on stock heads/cam. Or, I could put the 10% on and be safe about it. (But where's the fun in that? :D )

I would like to thank the Army for allowing me to purchase everything to fuel my addiction. :D

-Corey

David Neibert
06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Appreciate the info you two. I will definitely be going this route.

Good to know. Once the Army decides to pay me more of my enlistment bonus (was supposed to get another lump sum nearly two weeks ago) I'll be ordering that AFPR, and everything needed for that, new Metco tensioner pulleys (the JS to SC pulley is going out so might as well), finally get the VFN hood painted, and ordering QH. Probably a few other things as well.

DEFINITELY thinking about pulling the trigger on a 5% JS pulley, because the 10% (15% 10 ribMP JS and SC set) JS pulley is more than likely going to be a bit much on stock heads/cam. Or, I could put the 10% on and be safe about it. (But where's the fun in that? :D )

I would like to thank the Army for allowing me to purchase everything to fuel my addiction. :D

-Corey

Corey,

Until you get heads and cam, you will want to use the stock jackshaft and the 3.25" pulley. One of the belts I provided with the kit will fit that combo and it should make close to 20 pounds of boost.

David

95_XR7
06-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Corey,

Until you get heads and cam, you will want to use the stock jackshaft and the 3.25" pulley. One of the belts I provided with the kit will fit that combo and it should make close to 20 pounds of boost.

David

Well that answers my question. I was actually in the middle of searching, because awhile back I read a post of Dalke's where he showed/stated what the different combo's would make boost wise.

You'll be glad to know, I will be taking advantage of BOTH of those ports in the inlet for meth injection. Once I get that money, I'll probably be sending an e-mail to Dave about purchasing a kit from him.

Ahh...I don't think anyone can imagine how anxious I am to get back to the States.

-Corey

90blkbrd
06-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Most of the AR guys with ported heads run 5% JS and 3.25 SC pullies. I ended up going with a 10% JS and 3.5 SC pulley. Mostly because I had the 10% JS and Ricardo lent me some pullies that came with his kit. This is better for me because my pulley and all of Ricardo's are 6 rib, so I should have less chance of belt slip with the large SC pulley.

Corey you got lucky and got a newer kit with 8 rib pullies and the bypass is on the drivers side.

rzimmerl
06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
You might hold off on getting the 90mm Metco pullies. I had a Metco 90mm on the SC tensioner and it would not work with the snout brace or the stock 39.2" belt I have for a 3.0" pulley with a stock jackshaft pulley. I have emailed Metco about making stock size 76mm pullies for a direct swap, so no modifications to the tensioner are needed. I'll post details in the New Products forum when they get back to me about possibly producing them.

I'll send you a PM with all the parts I used for my regulator setup this afternoon.

David Neibert
06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Well that answers my question. I was actually in the middle of searching, because awhile back I read a post of Dalke's where he showed/stated what the different combo's would make boost wise.

You'll be glad to know, I will be taking advantage of BOTH of those ports in the inlet for meth injection. Once I get that money, I'll probably be sending an e-mail to Dave about purchasing a kit from him.

Ahh...I don't think anyone can imagine how anxious I am to get back to the States.

-Corey

Good deal, and yes I would suggest talking with Dave Dalke about the Meth injection kit and what size/quanity of nozzles to use.

David

PS: Quit calling it Mike's 95...it's your car now.

95_XR7
06-15-2010, 10:53 AM
You might hold off on getting the 90mm Metco pullies. I had a Metco 90mm on the SC tensioner and it would not work with the snout brace or the stock 39.2" belt I have for a 3.0" pulley with a stock jackshaft pulley. I have emailed Metco about making stock size 76mm pullies for a direct swap, so no modifications to the tensioner are needed. I'll post details in the New Products forum when they get back to me about possibly producing them.

I'll send you a PM with all the parts I used for my regulator setup this afternoon.

Really? That's good to know. I guess I'll just throw a new replacement I have laying around on there for now.

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, this NIPR computer doesn't like many sites outside SCCoA/TCCoA which makes searching/looking for parts a ~~~~.

Good deal, and yes I would suggest talking with Dave Dalke about the Meth injection kit and what size/quanity of nozzles to use.

David

PS: Quit calling it Mike's 95...it's your car now.

Will do. Now, trying to figure out where to mount the tank. If I may ask (obviously this will all change depending on the situation) how often did you have to re-fill the tank for the Snow system? Just check it at every fill-up?
And I know most people are running a 50/50 mix, so I'm good there.

Very good point David. I guess I kind of did that so everyone would know what car I was referring to. One reason I posted it here, rather than anywhere else is because I will be updating this thread with pictures of the car. Once I do that, Mike will see that the car is indeed in good hands.

Not sure what happened to Nordskog, but it doesn't seem like they make the digital street gauges I have anymore. :(
I was looking at purchasing Oil Pressure, and Coolant Temp from them. I''ll have to keep looking. I'd rather not mix and match gauges.
Also, after thinking about it, upgrading to this remote AFPR is a perfect time to finally wire up the Fuel Pressure gauge/sender.

-Corey

rzimmerl
06-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I just got a reply back from Metco. Looks like they already offer a 76mm pulley for the 2005-2010 Mustang. Only deal is its designed for a 6 rib pulley, as the pulley is 1.1" wide and an 8 rib belt is 1.09" wide so its close. The are $64.95

http://metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MIP%2D2005

I also ran across this company that already produces 76mm 8 rib pulleys, and rather cheap price at $35.00. I may give these shot.

http://www.thumpracing.com/idler_pulleys.htm

As for the Snow tank, I just modified my stock tank to accept the hose, so a low level sensor is already there. The only think to keep in mind is that the pump must be gravity fed.

David Neibert
06-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Really? That's good to know. I guess I'll just throw a new replacement I have laying around on there for now.

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, this NIPR computer doesn't like many sites outside SCCoA/TCCoA which makes searching/looking for parts a ~~~~.

Will do. Now, trying to figure out where to mount the tank. If I may ask (obviously this will all change depending on the situation) how often did you have to re-fill the tank for the Snow system? Just check it at every fill-up?
And I know most people are running a 50/50 mix, so I'm good there.

Very good point David. I guess I kind of did that so everyone would know what car I was referring to. One reason I posted it here, rather than anywhere else is because I will be updating this thread with pictures of the car. Once I do that, Mike will see that the car is indeed in good hands.

-Corey

Corey,

On the 91 I'm using the washer fluid tank and it will generally last for a couple tanks of gas. I keep a very close watch on the fluid tank because I don't have a low level indicator. Obviously the more you are into boost, the more boost juice you will use.

If at the time of installing my meth injection system, I didn't already have a nitrous bottle in the trunk, I would have duplicated the setup I've got on my 93 SC, where the 7qt tank, pump and control module are all mounted in the trunk.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_attachment.php?id=1014&attach_type=full

David

95_XR7
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I also ran across this company that already produces 76mm 8 rib pulleys, and rather cheap price at $35.00. I may give these shot.

http://www.thumpracing.com/idler_pulleys.htm

As for the Snow tank, I just modified my stock tank to accept the hose, so a low level sensor is already there. The only think to keep in mind is that the pump must be gravity fed.

Nice find. At that price, I may as well try those out as well. They also don't look too bad, which is a plus. I'll go ahead and order some in the morning.

And good point about the stock tank. The only downside is I want to keep complete functionality of everything. One reason I won't delete the A/C and mount the AMW Oil Sep. like a few of you.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is relocating the battery, which I'm not totally against doing. However, I'll have to get on my laptop and look at some pictures of the car...see if I can come up with something.

David, very clean install. Looking at it, that MAY be an easier route to go, rather than moving the battery. I'd really hate to install a firewall in the trunk just to be able to run at the strip if I wanted. (I believe it was Rod who ran into this issue.)

-Corey

frdlvr30
06-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I would wait and do everything at once Corey. Putting a AR on a stock headed/cam longblock will net you what? 50rwhp over what you already have? I would wait and buy the CNC heads and a large cam from DD and do it all at once. Then you will get what 150rwhp? Not to mention those 15 year old headgaskets and TTY head bolts will not hold up very long. Just wait till you have the extra 2k to spend and do everything at once. That is a very nice car and you havent even driven it yet!

95_XR7
06-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I would wait and do everything at once Corey. Putting a AR on a stock headed/cam longblock will net you what? 50rwhp over what you already have? I would wait and buy the CNC heads and a large cam from DD and do it all at once. Then you will get what 150rwhp? Not to mention those 15 year old headgaskets and TTY head bolts will not hold up very long. Just wait till you have the extra 2k to spend and do everything at once. That is a very nice car and you havent even driven it yet!

I was originally planning on heads and a cam before I came back. However, I found out I will be getting stationed at Ft. Carson, Colorado with 10th SF. The downside is, that means I NEED a DD. No way the car is going to be seeing that kind of weather. I'm looking at a 2010-2011 Ford Escape so some of my bonus this year is going to the car, but MOST is going to a nice sized down payment. Also, I'm not a fan of just blowing all my money, so at this point most of the extra money I do make goes towards savings/cd's/stocks. The next time I'll have the money will either be tax return time next year, OR when I receive the next bit of my bonus (June next year.)

The downside with that, is I will more than likely be back overseas by Aug-Sept 2011 which leaves me very little time to enjoy the car. Now don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% on me waiting. But I kind of want to enjoy the car now. And yes, unfortunately I have no driven it. The only person that has is my dad, who is actually taking it to a car show up in Joliet on the 19th.

I really didn't realize I wrote a book, but it gives you some idea on why I kind of want to go this route. And you know, I still have the motor out of the '94 sitting on an engine stand. By the time I come back from a deployment, I can have a nice brand new 4.2L from Dalke. =D

-Corey

Kurt K
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
My late-model washer tank which is dedicated for my Snow kit will last three 1/4 mile passes. It might make a fourth one, but I've never tried it. Normal driving, it will last much longer.

mcate
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I will be updating this thread with pictures of the car. Once I do that, Mike will see that the car is indeed in good hands.

-Corey

I've got no doubt that the car is in good hands. If not I wouldn't have sold it to you! I still check this forum daily, & what you're doing is pretty impressive. I'd probably be doing something similar if I'd kept it.

nickleman60
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
All I can say is that a super nice car is getting even nicer.............:D

mcate
06-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Well....it's definitely getting faster!

95_XR7
06-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Pulled the trigger on those pullies. On top of getting oil changed and a few other small things, it SHOULD be getting tint today as well.

-Corey

frdlvr30
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Pulled the trigger on those pullies. On top of getting oil changed and a few other small things, it SHOULD be getting tint today as well.

-Corey

And he hasnt even seen it in person....Thats too funny....

mcate
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it looks good in pictures, but they really can't do it justice. Much better looking car in person. Now that I have tinted windows on my 09 GT, it makes me wish I'd gotten the SC's windows done a long time ago.

nickleman60
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Mike, are you and the wife still planning on coming down sometime?

mcate
06-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Definitely. As for when, I'm not sure. Still thinking about the show there in August.

95_XR7
06-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Ordered everything for the remote AFPR. Went with Fragola 8000 series. Total came out to $223 shipped.
Car did not get tint installed, and unfortunately will not be getting it before the car show/cruise this weekend. Car was filled up today (Thursday) in preparation for the cruise, and the only thing my dad can say is you gotta be careful when it shifts or it'll break your neck because the tires are sticky. SUPPOSEDLY he was only at 2-3lbs of boost, but who's to actually say. :p :D

-Corey

nickleman60
06-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Car was filled up today (Thursday) in preparation for the cruise, and the only thing my dad can say is you gotta be careful when it shifts or it'll break your neck because the tires are sticky. SUPPOSEDLY he was only at 2-3lbs of boost, but who's to actually say. :p :D

-Corey

It sounds like pops is putting a heavy foot to it..............:eek:

Better watch out, pops might want to buy it from you before you even get a chance to drive it..........:D

rzimmerl
06-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I used the Fragola 8000 series for my fuel and trans lines, its some pretty nice stuff and is super lightweight. I went with Fragola because they offer a ton of different -4 fittings since Aeroquip only offers 2 fittings. Heat the hose pretty good with a heat gun and it will slide right on the fittings.

As for the remote regulator rail mod you will need the following
Aeromoitive A1000-6 regulator
Qty. 3, -4 to -6 Oring fittings
Qty. 3, -4 90 deg bends (you could get a away with 2 90's and 1 straght
~ 10 ft. of -4 socketless hose

rzimmerl
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Pulled the trigger on those pullies.

Any idea when these will get installed, to see if they fit properly?

95_XR7
06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
It sounds like pops is putting a heavy foot to it..............:eek:

Better watch out, pops might want to buy it from you before you even get a chance to drive it..........:D

That's what I was thinking as well. :eek:
But the way I see it is, let him have some fun. The last FUN cars he had was a 67 Mustang, and a 71? Gran Torino. Maybe driving it will convince him he needs a new toy. (2011 Mustang maybe?) :p

Any idea when these will get installed, to see if they fit properly?

Ryan, that's the same reason I went with the Fragola 8000 series. I went with exactly what you mentioned, except only two 90 deg bends, and one straight.

As for the pullies, I'm not sure if they've been shipped yet. They are heading to the same place the car is, so installing them shouldn't be an issue. Whenever they show up, I'll get somebody to put them on and see how they are.

-Corey

95_XR7
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Here's a few pictures. All of these were taken BEFORE it was cleaned up. (i.e. wheels/tires.) The car did very well at the car show. Had quite a few people stop and ask what it was. Many didn't know Ford produced a supercharged vehicle BEFORE the Lightning/Cobra. :rolleyes:
From what I heard, I'm surprised it performed as well as it did since it was against ALOT of Mustangs (GT500 KR's, Cobras, a few Fox body, etc.)

Also, I was assured that the fuzziness is not from the car being dirty (I guess the only thing that even needed cleaned was the tires.) but from the "stupid camera"

Also, the AFPR and associated hardware, as well as the pulleys should arrive on the 22nd. So I'll get those installed as soon as possible and see if they are worth the $35.

EDIT: Ryan, the pulleys came in today. They look to be pretty good quality, and should be getting installed by Wednesday.

-Corey

mcate
06-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Fond memories......

XR7 Dave
06-21-2010, 10:06 PM
So is the AR already installed??? :eek:

95_XR7
06-22-2010, 12:01 AM
So is the AR already installed??? :eek:

Dave,

Waiting until a few more car shows go by before I have them start tearing it down. Two reason are 1.) I'm currently deciding whether or not to PC the AR bracket, since I'll be sending out a few parts in a week or so anyways. And 2.) because I need a basic tune from you, and would rather I handle that than TRYING to be the middle-man. I guess it doesn't help that I'm kind of waiting on the Army (who would of thought?), for a certain check so I can go and e-mail you about a nice new Snow kit and QH without touching any of my accounts. :rolleyes:

Car still hasn't gotten tint. I guess it's been raining on and off. Car will luckily be getting Koni's installed in the next few weeks (whenever time permits.)

P.S. Post was all-over the place. My apologies.

P.S.S Post number 1,100.

P.S (x3) It seems there might be a possibly of me NOT coming home when I'm supposed to. I guess the paperwork is in to involuntarily extend me, as well as getting selected for a SMU. Well, I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see. :rolleyes:

-Corey

S_Mazza
06-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Here's a few pictures. All of these were taken BEFORE it was cleaned up. (i.e. wheels/tires.) The car did very well at the car show. Had quite a few people stop and ask what it was. Many didn't know Ford produced a supercharged vehicle BEFORE the Lightning/Cobra. :rolleyes:
From what I heard, I'm surprised it performed as well as it did since it was against ALOT of Mustangs (GT500 KR's, Cobras, a few Fox body, etc.)

Wow. Gorgeous car!

95_XR7
06-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow. Gorgeous car!

Many thanks. Luckily the car went up for sale about the same time I got that reenlistment bonus. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen it in person myself. :rolleyes:

-Corey

David Neibert
06-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Many thanks. Luckily the car went up for sale about the same time I got that reenlistment bonus. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen it in person myself. :rolleyes:

-Corey

Corey,

It sound like, you have a lot to look forward to. Stay safe !

David

95_XR7
06-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Corey,

It sound like, you have a lot to look forward to. Stay safe !

David

You're definitely right. Much appreciated David.
Ryan, those pulleys still haven't been installed unfortunately. HOPEFULLY will be installed by the end of the week.

Anyways, promotion board is in 8hrs. One last beer to calm my nerves...
Hopefully I get recommended for promotion. I mean it's the least they can do after giving me a very short notice (under a week.)

Anyone have any experience with the '09-'10 Ford Escape's? Been looking at one to use as a DD since I'll be in Colorado, and I sold the LS.

-Corey

rzimmerl
06-29-2010, 10:16 AM
No rush on the pulleys, just want to know how the fitment is.

Oh and your gonna love the AR.... went for my first test drive yesterday and wow is all I have to say :D.

95_XR7
07-10-2010, 08:41 PM
No rush on the pulleys, just want to know how the fitment is.

Oh and your gonna love the AR.... went for my first test drive yesterday and wow is all I have to say :D.

That big of a difference? :D

Just a few small things. From the looks of things, I may or may not be able to get the AR installed before the Shootout. I will more than likely be towing it though, so worse case scenario is I get it installed but can't run it down the 1/4. :rolleyes:
The main reason is, I will be coming home a week before the Shootout. Installing all the Innovate stuff, installing the new fuel pump, injectors, and everything else, and then TRY to get it running correctly is going to be ALOT of work.

Also, the car is up at another car show. Had quite a few Mustang people come up and look at it, taking pictures I guess.

Ordered a few small things for the car, mainly detailing stuff since part of my last order disappeared. :rolleyes:

AND..Ryan, there was a small issue on those pulleys. If you tighten them down all the way, they will ever so slightly rub on the tensioner arm. You'd need to run some type of bushing to give it a few mm of clearance.

-Corey

rzimmerl
07-10-2010, 08:54 PM
That big of a difference? :D

AND..Ryan, there was a small issue on those pulleys. If you tighten them down all the way, they will ever so slightly rub on the tensioner arm. You'd need to run some type of bushing to give it a few mm of clearance.

-Corey

Yes, that big of a difference. Hopefully its even better with the different converter/trans.

Sounds like a simple washer spacer, I'll have to order those.

95_XR7
08-16-2010, 11:44 PM
The SC has been to a few car shows in the past couple weeks. This past weekend was the first time my dad had the car on the interstate. My dad always said on the street you could tell it just wanted to go. Well, I guess he found out the thing likes to take off on the interstate as well. :D

Anyways, here's two pictures. Something similar will be the backdrop for a 'Hooter's poster.' This whole show was for military, so it was kind of nice when you hear the car was pulled out, centered in front of them all, and then had all the girls around.