fuel pump questions

1990XR7SC

Now i was wondering what the flow rate of the SC fuel pump is Vs the TC fuel pump? And are the 2 pumps interchangable? Ive upgraded to the TO4E in the TC and it doesn't have the power like i thought it would. If you ask me its worse than that the IHI was. The turbo is a .50 trim on the compressor side and the hot side is a .63. So you would think it give me a little more power with the stock fuel system even. But it hasent. But if anyone has info on this let me know so i can do the swap.

im asking what the flow rate of the sc fuel pump is. Like the walboro 255 lph pump. If the SC fuel pump is more than what the stock TC fuel pump is then i was just going to swap them out since i don't have 100 bucks to drop on a brand new walboro 255 lph pump.

I'm not sure how the flow rates between the two compare, but I am certain that it would not be an upgrade. Certainly not worth the hassle of dropping the tank to change it.

Thomas

well im just trying to get the car to where i can feel better about running the car at 15 psi. Since right now at 9 to 10 psi it feels choppy and just doesn't feel like the fuel system is keeping up. Thats why i don't run it hard as i would like to, to really test the car.

check your fuel filter. Most SC' have done fine at 12 psi without any stuttering with the stock fuel system. Stock fuel pump is less than 190lph. My Alldata says the specification for the stock SC pump is 110L/h at 39psi (29gallons/hr).

According to auto performance engineering, the Walbro 190lph pump is rated at 40gallons/hr at 40psi. The 255lph pump is rated at 58g/h at 40psi. And the Walbro 255lph High pressure pump is rated at 59g/h at 40psi.

what about the pump in a 88 TC? Im thinking bout taking the pump from the sc and putting it in the TC. If the SC one is rated higher than the TC one.

what about the pump in a 88 TC? Im thinking bout taking the pump from the sc and putting it in the TC. If the SC one is rated higher than the TC one.

I know nothing about turbo coupes. I expect most people here won't have that info for you. You'll have to dig into the flow rate info yourself.

As far as if the parts will even fit, that's another guess. my guess is not without some modifications. But I don't have a Turbo Coupe.

I had a 88TC & now have a 94SC... not sure if I'm going to be any help but I had to replace the fuel pump in the TC. I replaced it with a 190 Walbro that I bought from a friend. That 190 Walbro was originally supposed to go into his 93? Mustang LX with a 5.0

Back