PDA

View Full Version : The end is near for my SC

91 XR7
06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Long reading..

Well most should remember my many posts about the starting issue my 1991 Supercoupe is having (issues starting when hot, 90% of electronics, ect replaced!)

I got myself another MAF sensor to try out, and may borrow a ECU from a Co-club member.

So i have holidays coming up in @ a months time I'll be trying the remaining parts i have, even RE&REing the engine harness to be sure alls good there (yah i'm not looking forward to the one ground on the back of the engine) and fully checking it out..
If all that doesn't do a damn thing, on my holidays i may take it to a guy that had work for Ford for many years and has a breakout box, and have him go through it. This guy even has a mid '80s stang with a supercoupe engine in it (clean install with DIS module and Coil pack `hidden' )

If still can't be figured out my SC would be a great donor for my '91 XR7 and '89 XR7 thou :) I'll Drive the car into the Shop, and it'll be yank out on the back of a flat bed minus suspension and drive train, and misc interior pieces

So cross your fingers that the few things i'm going to try in the next few weeks work.. Else there will be one less SC on the road.. and mine only has like 160,000kms (100,000miles) on it too

Thanks for Reading..

S_Mazza
06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, I said a prayer for you. Don't know what else I can do to help! :) But I hope you can get it working ... sounds too nice to part out.

91 XR7
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Other then the starting issue, all it truly needs is rear Calipers (one is leaking a little) Headliner replaced, and if i cared, the AC replaced/Filled..
It's a pretty clean car, no real rust on the body, interior has hardly any wear..

Some pictures of it (http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_cars/tags/thunderbird/)

91BLOWNBIRD
06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
the end may be near but should never come...Have you talked to Dave Dalke? everything is fixable :)

thundermax
06-19-2010, 10:03 PM
I know it's very frustrating; I'm having issues with my car and no repair shop wants to work on it, most have never seen ford 3.8sc engine.