Snow Kit Questions Stage III MPG max

XxSlowpokexX

I have three nozzled that came with my kit. Ones marked 1 one 4 the other 5I was thinking the 1 nozzle before ACT and the larger one after. Should I use the 4 or 5. Also my pump seems to be different then I have seen and does not come with angled fittings to plug the tubes into. Can angled adapters be used? If so where do I get them if they make them.

Does anyone know what Im talking about?? I have no idea what CC the nozzles are they are just stamped 1 4 and 5.

Let us know how close this system performs

"
What are some of the key benefits to using Water/Methanol injection?
1. Greatly reduced EGTs - Decreases of 250 degrees F are common using a 50/50 water/methanol mix. Increased EGTs are an engine killer in today's performance diesel world.
2. Low cost power - Where else can you get 70-100 HP for as low as the prices these kits run?
3. Greatly increased air charge densities - 3-5 psi boost increases are common with liquid intercooling.
4. Decreased emissions - increased combustion efficiency means less particulate matter and NOX emissions.
5. Fuel economy increase - increase your fuel economy up to 10%-15% (1-3 mpg).
5. Great for towing - more power/cooler EGT's to haul the heaviest loads.
6. Raises effective octane of your fuel to as high as 115 octane- You'll be able to boost that turbo or supercharger much higher.
7. Designed specifically for your vehicle to ensure the best performance and fit.
8. Safe to use and easy to install.

"

The part of mpg I find hard to believe, just how far will you go before you run out of mix.

I have three nozzled that came with my kit. Ones marked 1 one 4 the other 5I was thinking the 1 nozzle before ACT and the larger one after. Should I use the 4 or 5. Also my pump seems to be different then I have seen and does not come with angled fittings to plug the tubes into. Can angled adapters be used? If so where do I get them if they make them.

Does anyone know what Im talking about?? I have no idea what CC the nozzles are they are just stamped 1 4 and 5.

Damon,

Available sizes are: 60, 100, 175, 225, 375 & 625.

Nozzles are now color coded in the wrench flats.
Yellow - 60
Black - 100
Green - 175
White - 225
Red - 375
Blue - 625

David

You may have a really old kit. My nozzle isn't color coordinated and doesn't have any markings. I emailed snow about this a couple of years ago and they sent me a guide where I could measure the ID and get the ML rating. I lost it when my HD on my laptop died.

Nozzles are now labeled by #'s instead of colors.

1 - 60ml
4 - 225ml
5 - 375ml

No optional fittings are available for the new pump. Use a heat gun to form the nylon line or else you could just buy some 90 deg hose connectors.

Yah the directions were off on the nozzle sizes due to this new syetem. Probably cheaper to stamp then color.

I was figuring running the first stage with the smaller nozzle to come in at lower boost and one of the larger ones higher up...Should I go with th 4 or 5?

I guess I need to read the instructions myself. I thought they told you all those things. :confused:

Total ML size is tied to rwhp level. So in the 400rwhp range you'd want somewhere around 400-450ml total. Yes, the small nozzle is brought on early and the large one later.

I guess I need to read the instructions myself. I thought they told you all those things. :confused:

Total ML size is tied to rwhp level. So in the 400rwhp range you'd want somewhere around 400-450ml total. Yes, the small nozzle is brought on early and the large one later.

Dave,

Would I be better off using a 375 & a 175 or a pair of 225s ?

David

Now that would mean I should put the second nozzle back in. But would not part of this equation be how effective the kit is in lowering ACT in the first place?

Ira

Now that would mean I should put the second nozzle back in. But would not part of this equation be how effective the kit is in lowering ACT in the first place?

Ira

Ira better to use two smaller instead of one larger to get better atomization of the meth. My kit comes on in stages and can be adjusted and stuff. So little one will be before ACT and larger one closer to the inlet on the lower intake...Ill have to play with it as it does some stuff

Last edited:

Ira

When you data log the car what are you seeing for temps? Where is jet 1 and jet 2 located?

I am using dual 225's. One placed before the ACT sensor and the second is in the return plenum where the stock vac t was. I have a feeling I should have placed the second nozzle closer to the intake manifold.

Where is everyone mounting the solenoid?
What are you using to mount it?

Several inches before the nozzles. My solenoid is only supported by the lines and resting on the shock tower. Its in with all the nitrous solenoids that my car has. I suppose if you find a good spot to zip tie it you will be fine.

I have my two 225Ml nozzles tapped right before the ACT sensor. The car is tuned like that. I think I preffer this method as the ACT sensor will likely never pull timing out. There has been som many schools of thoughts on this nozzle thing.... If eaton equiped it was good to put a small nozzle before the SC to make the rotors seal, Then the one before or after the ACT sensor for the cooling effect. Then there was put both right into the lower intake manifold at the back. Then there is the whole before the ACT sensor after ACT sensor debate.

I think the latest is right into the intake manifold so it does not loose its potency. :cool: I dont know but I dont want my cars intake to look like cheese so I think I am done drilling 1/8" NPT threads for now.

Last edited:
Im putting my second nozzle right in the lower intake where the return plenum bolts up. And the other before the ACT. If the meth fails the act will know it. Also hoking safe injection to the spout connector to pull timing. Has anyone done that?

AND....Yah,,Zip ties to mount solenoids..Commone they couldnt provide a bracket???

Last edited:
Im putting my second nozzle right in teh lower intake where the return plenum bolts up. And the other before the ACT. If teh meth fails teh act will know it. Also hoking safe injection to teh spout connector to pull timing. ANyone done that?

AND....Yah,,Zip ties to mount solenoids..Commone they couldnt provide a bracket???

The are the same as a nitrous solenoid so if really have the need then you can buy the nitrous brackets to hard mount it.

Unless you have the square solenoid then that wont help you.

Last edited:
Come on they couldn't provide a bracket???

I completely agree.

The are the same as a nitrous solenoid so if really have the need then you can buy the nitrous brackets to hard mount it.

OK I can't seem to find a plain cheap bracket that can mount to the firewall and holds the solenoid in a vertical position. I guess I'll just zip tie it for now and make one next time I am at my dad's shop.

Currently my system has the solenoid ~4-5 feet from the jet down in the fender well. What is the recommended maximum distance?

Currently my system has the solenoid ~4-5 feet from the jet down in the fender well. What is the recommended maximum distance?

The closer the better so it has less to siphon out. Mine will be just zip tied to something, since its not really doing much.

The closer the better so it has less to siphon out.

Is it really possible for it to siphon out when you have a solenoid anywhere between the reservoir and the jet?

Try this at home. Take a really rigid straw and fill it with water and plug one end. They try and suck out as much as you can. How much did you get out? Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Back