hvac

kpoindex08

No cold air in any position. Charged system with 2lbs. got 130psi on both sires with car off timp. at 105f. With a/c on low side drops to 10 psi and high side reaches about 325 - 375 psi and frost accumulates on liquid line so the system is cooling. I checked the blend air door and it moves freely :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

also compresser is short cycling on high. no mare thes 2 to 3 sec. at a time

Last edited:
Your low side is way too low. It is probably cooling "too much" causing your eveporator core to freeze, especially if it is humid outside causing increased condensation. (obviously if your system is running sub 32 deg and you introduce lots of moisture..) If your lines are freezing, your evaporator will most likely freeze as well. My less-than-educated guess would be plugged condensor, evaporator, or orifice causing higher/lower pressures. I believe a plugged condensor is causing my rapid cycling condition in my bird. At 1500rpm my low side would pull down to 17 psi and that was enough to freeze the evaporator. Last summer it froze on the road giving me hot air. My wife wasn't too happy with that situation:p

Just a thought.

benny

My wife says if I spend another dime on any thing I will be shot dead :rolleyes: I actually flushed all lines condenser and evaporator with a/c flush. However I did notice that the line with the o tube was resilient to flush I sprayed the flush solution in one end and it would just drip slightly out the other end. This does solve the short cycling but I would think I would still have semi cold air coming out of the vents. I mean this feels like the same air that is in the car just being blown around!
i will secreatly get another liquid line with the o tube in it.

Last edited:
Back