PDA

View Full Version : TPS July 25th Show

91BLOWNBIRD
06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone doing this? I am guessing Dan will if others show...

Ddubb
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/jww808/SDC10328.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/jww808/SDC10318.jpg

Pics from last years 2009 TPS show. Not pictured is Jose's 90 SC .. sorry buddy.

I called about 20 people last year and about 9 of them showed up .. which was a good turnout. Due to this, we have our VERY OWN class this year ( Tbirds / Mark8's / Cougars ) .. NO Mauraders or Crown vics or anything else.

I have already put the word out on TCCOA.

So whose coming from the SCCOA ?? :D

LINK TO REGISTRATION, LIMITED TO 120 CARS THIS YEAR, SO PRE-REGISTER IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15lmzrgubnl/TPS2010Ford.pdff

Cost is $25, Included T-shirt and Lunch, Located in Campbell

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I didnt see a time in the email...I'll probably have to get work off :( but maybe I can switch my shift.

Ddubb
06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I didnt see a time in the email...I'll probably have to get work off :( but maybe I can switch my shift.

Show is from 9 Am to 3 PM. :D

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
06-22-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm gonna work on my work schedule but I'll probably do it...how early would I need to register you think?

XR7
06-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I Just moved to Stockton, CA.

I don't think my car is show worthy, but It would be great to come by and meet some people..

Karl

91BLOWNBIRD
06-23-2010, 12:57 PM
honestly I dont thiink any of our cars are "show worthy" but that doesnt stop me from enjoying good company ;)

Ddubb
06-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah no kidding .. all of these cars are at least 13 to 20 years old now. There are a few in very nice condition, but most of them look like mine - all beat up, clear coat fading .. still took 3rd place last year. ;)

So youre here in California, Kurt ?? I remember you were talking about moving here .. over a year ago. Did you end up getting a job lined up ???

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
will there be dyno posibilities?

90SCBRD
06-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Hoping to make it with my new project

Ddubb
06-24-2010, 02:21 AM
I am not sure .. Mike said something about the Dyno running on that day, but he wasnt specific.

He said they were setting up a Dyno at TPS about a month ago .. there are a few of us who are looking forward to the next Dyno Day, but I havent heard anything else about it ..

- Dan

XR7
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Dan,

I did finally move here, I got to Stockton on June 18th 2010 :)

I would be happy to come meet the folks of the SC world in Northern CA..

Hope I am not the oldest one there... hahaha..

Anyway. I will keep my eye open as to the dates on this.. and if there is a registration fee.. Count me in..

Did not line up a job before I got here.. I will start looking for a Job sometime after Mid July.

Karl <----- Not Kurt... hehehehe

Yeah no kidding .. all of these cars are at least 13 to 20 years old now. There are a few in very nice condition, but most of them look like mine - all beat up, clear coat fading .. still took 3rd place last year. ;)

So youre here in California, Kurt ?? I remember you were talking about moving here .. over a year ago. Did you end up getting a job lined up ???

- Dan

Ddubb
06-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Sorry Karl, I got mixed up even after I read your name .. :rolleyes:

I was just in Stockton yesterday, we drove out to pick up a rear end for my neighbors Camaro .. he had a little accident and snapped an axle shaft. :cool:

Will you be the oldest in the Tbird crew ? Maybe ... unless SonySC shows up ;)

Hey 90SCBRD .. never met you before, what kind of project are we talking about ??

If you plan on attending this show, make sure you Pre-Register.

- Dan

... pics of the camaro .. *COUGH*

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/ddubb5150/mcrash2.jpg

91BLOWNBIRD
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
*cough cough* lol so I'm headin down to TPS to drop my reg form

Ddubb
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I was just going to Paypal mine .. you ask Mike about the Dyno ?? ;)

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
So i'm in...I tried to get my buddy to enter his 68 cougar but he wused out...

MIike wasnt in but they are setting up a new dyno that is supposed to be done by the end of the month or so and they said we might be able to get on it :)

I just got dave's new chip burn he sent me and I am going to install it in a bout an hour and see how it does...I think it will be pretty darn good so I'd like to dyno and see what it has...probably around 325 but I hope liek 350

TPSMak
07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I Just moved to Stockton, CA.

I don't think my car is show worthy, but It would be great to come by and meet some people..

Karl

Karl,

It really doesn't matter if your car is show worthy or not... this show is about having alot of fun with great cars! I would just register and come on out and have a great time.

Here's the registration form
http://www.mediafire.com/file/15lmzrgubnl/TPS2010Ford.pdf

BTW, Dan got me to give you guys a "Class" of your own... so we need you guys to get as many out as possible :D... otherwise we may not have a T-Bird only class in the future :(

Mike
TPS Motorsports

TPSMak
07-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Got 5 more registrations in today! Keep them coming people! None of them T-bird :(

90SCBRD
07-08-2010, 05:16 AM
im in merced here with my 92 SC. Hope to make it there. Need to finish up alot of work on it though. Just finished installing a new reman Ford AOD, replacing the cooling system currently and still need to do a full tune up and install my exhaust. Fingers crossed to make it all happen before the show. I work for Silva Ford here in the Central Valley.

Darren

ps, Im parting out my 90 5speed if anyone needs anything guys. Just let me know

TPSMak
07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
im in merced here with my 92 SC. Hope to make it there. Need to finish up alot of work on it though. Just finished installing a new reman Ford AOD, replacing the cooling system currently and still need to do a full tune up and install my exhaust. Fingers crossed to make it all happen before the show. I work for Silva Ford here in the Central Valley.

Darren

ps, Im parting out my 90 5speed if anyone needs anything guys. Just let me know

Darren,

It would be great if you can make it out... last year we have over 10 Birds.... we had a nice Flock!:)

91BLOWNBIRD
07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
10 last year and I wasn't there so now this year there should be 11 at least!!!!!

How many Birds so far?

Ddubb
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I called my buddy Jose, he's down. He will bring his $ so I can get in his Pre-reg. I still need to get mine in also.

Merlon sold his Tbird .. wont be coming this year again - maybe I can get ahold of the NEW owner and see if he's interested in showing up ..

Baybird93 - says he has to work
Exnihilio - Says he has to work These three guys showed up last year wont be coming this year.

... havent heard back from the Sacramento area guys from TCCOA .. IDK where they went, they always say they want to meet up and when it comes time theyre like " oh .. I dont have money for gas .. "

Still need to call my buddy Richard with his 90 35th SC.

Havent heard from Jose .. ??? Maybe I will call .. and James too, if they dont see this. ;)

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
I think paul still has his 95 but we'd have to push it there lol...I dont know anyone else with a bird

Jmat95
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I signed up Sat and was disappointed to hear I and one other were the only ones. TPS will not give us our own class if we do not show. Come on guys, this is a great time to meet others with T-Birds and see what some of the guys have or have not done with their rides. There is a limited amount of space and if you do not pre-reg you might not get in. There is no point in waiting till it is too late.

Ddubb
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Nice to see you're going to make it Jmat.

There are more .. I believe there are 2 Mark's already Pre-reg'd.

I havent sent in mine, waiting for my buddy to give me his $25 for the Pre-reg .. thats 2 more.

I think 6 so far ? I need to make a couple phone calls. Half of the people who showed last year wont be making it.

I told my other buddy Ken ( 95 SC ) to send in his Pre-reg .. that would make it 7 by my count .. Ill see if I can get that up to 10 by the show. ;)

Just been a little pre-occupied, working on EVERYBODY elses car besides my own - and my Son's 4th Birthday party is going on This weekend, so I have had that over my head also ... among other things.

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
not sure the deadline...It sounds like the show fills up and then they close the door because 129 cars is a lot for the space they have at the shop

Ddubb
07-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Deadline for pre-registration .. the day before the show.

But like Jeff says, they are limiting it this year, only 120 cars will be showing.

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
07-18-2010, 01:39 AM
i talked to paul today...he said he sold his bird to a buddy that has plans to drop a 5.0 into it...I asked him if I could buy the tranny, but sounds like his buddy will be using it.

He said he might come check out the show...

I'll ask him for his buddy's contact to see if he will be interested in future tbird events once he gets the 95 running...will probably be a lot of work :o

TPSMak
07-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Keep the registrations coming.... we're filling up but we should have space for everyone ;)

90scmxdream
07-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Don, sorry men I will not be able to go this time .
you guys have fun and take some pictures,I see you next time
Jose.

Jmat95
07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
For those who sign up. There is a lot at the end of the street, who you be interested in meeting there and all going in at one time? If so, what time would you like to meet 8:00, 8:30 or 9:00? Much later than that we may not get a good place to park, unless the area is assigned already. Dan you been to some of these how does it work?

Ddubb
07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
For those who sign up. There is a lot at the end of the street, who you be interested in meeting there and all going in at one time? If so, what time would you like to meet 8:00, 8:30 or 9:00? Much later than that we may not get a good place to park, unless the area is assigned already. Dan you been to some of these how does it work?

Last year .. I had about 4 cars show up at my house and we rolled in together .. about 9 am and it was getting pretty packed already. Everybody else met us there at the show. They stuck us in the back alley, but not in one of the covered tunnels ( those are the worst spots, I saw a Mustang hit the wall parking .. ) .. because whoever got there at 8 AM, they had pre-designated areas and they sent them back there - so by the time we showed up, there were already 2 Tbirds at the show ........ The earlier the better, maybe we can get a better spot this year out in the open. :D

This year .. I will be rolling on with only one other Thunderbird owner, so he will probably meet me at my house and we will roll to the show from there. I am going to be trying to get my other Tbird finished up for this show, so I am cutting it close this weekend ...

Who else is coming ??? I see a couple Maybe's .. but nobody else has pre-registered yet ??

- Dan

bgck7
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
hi dan,

im coming along, wouldn't missed this one for anything. another mark8 will be joining me. ive call everyone that i know beside you, since you have that taken care off. another bird i know should be coming too. just cleaned my engine last night, gonna run the mark to ducky's tomorrow morning and do alittle touch up on the interior. that's too back alot of the guys that attended last years event are not goin?bummer.i was looking forward to see other from the past and present. oh well, will make the best of it. see you sunday!!!you should bring one of your mom's mark8's or just have her bring one to the show!!

regards,
ramon:eek:

Ddubb
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes .. last year I had a couple excuses " my car isnt working ... ", okay I understand.

This year .. about 5 or 6 people said they have to " Work " .. on a Sunday ? Hmmm

I was either going to bring my Super Coupe .. or the my project Tbird ... ;)

- Dan

Ddubb
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
i talked to paul today...he said he sold his bird to a buddy that has plans to drop a 5.0 into it...

Really ?? Sounds like a huge downgrade .. not to mention a huge problem to get the car to pass Smog and get it registered. He might as well swap a 3.8 NA, or a 4.6 NPI in there .. :D

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
07-23-2010, 03:17 PM
yeah I agree...at least hopefully it will stay on the road...

I live really close to TPS already but I can meet anywhere at any time...

I took work off for this so no excuses ;)

TPSMak
07-23-2010, 08:12 PM
We still have some spots left so if you would like to register the day of the show you still can.. see everyone Sunday!
:D:D:D

bgck7
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi all:D,

Congrats to the First(Myself for course),Second(Jeff) and Third place(Jose) Contendors and their beautiful Rides!!!!! and Thanks you for all that showed up and represent the group(ford muscles!!!) love the combination of our rides, wowowo.... and all category recieved an award!!except for the cougar?bummer, they should had included 4th place!!! The event, was fantastic, got to meet some new faces and some past, our group keeps getting bigger and bigger every year here in the bay, just wanted to thank Conner(raptor22) for driving so far with your Tbird to represent(100+miles with bearly enought money for fuel) thats "Heart" and commitment!!!Dan, loved your ride also with the mark8 engine, can wait to find out the result on the dino!!!!James,Jose,Ken and Jeff names) thanks also for showing.Its great to see that not all birds in this site are flakes and we keep growing as a group, every years. I remembered when i was the only one in the bay that would attend this event and everyone else were mustangs. And you should see their faces when I won an award back than, I was competing against the lightnings,panteras,etc and still took first!!!I thought i was going to get jumped just gettin my award.Times has changed, we are finally being recognized in the ford clubs here in the bay, It's all about commitment to the group and the love for your rides.That's what is about being in a car club !!!

Ill try to gets some pic for you soon!!!During sept/oct, here in my home town, Redwood city should be a another carshow, much bigger 300+, horses to horsepower, the money goes to the local school here in redwood city(Sequoia High) all kinds of muscle!!fun free to go and around 20+ dollars to show your ride. I will keep you all posted for further events. Let us know if anyone else are having event i their home town!!!Again, thanks for the bird that showed up, cant wait for the next year. Their should be a cruise coming up in august will keep you informed. i will be leavin for training again 07-21 aug next month, maybe we can do a lunch get together in the southbay or northbay one weekend but with plenty of leadway, not the last minute event. Cruises are still goin on this summer with the TPS crew for those that are interested, that's when i bring out the T-bird!!!!I will keep you informed. great to see you all again and can't wait for the next hang out!!!!!

sincerely,
ramon;)

Ddubb
07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01552.jpg

Jeff's white 91 SC - 2nd Place

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01553.jpg

Bgck7's 95 Mark LSC - 1st Place

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01554.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01555.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01556.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01557.jpg

Jose - 93 5.0 - 3rd Place

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/me3232/DSC01558.jpg

bgck7
07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi all:cool:,

Had a problem posting pics on this website,hopefully this attachment work, coming from my gallery on tccoa under bgck7. enjoy!!!!

http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=313

sincerely,
ramon;)

Ddubb
07-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice .. pictures of your own car ... :rolleyes:

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
07-31-2010, 06:02 PM
1st place baby! lol

I forgot to take pics...my girlfriend was like ~~~!