Shelby Owners....Responsible?

ricardoa1

So on my way to work I was tauting a GT500 with my Anniversary, but he would not give me the time of day.

So do you think Shelby owners are so high up on their horse that they dont want to be bothered by the bottom feeder cars or they are just too responsible?

maybe he was scared or dont know how to drive the car(know a few around me. have a kickass car but cant drive it)

I would go with Responsible...............
I have a fairly quick SC powered Mustang and I have nothing to prove on the street.

1) Price point
2) Old people

Nuff said

The guy looked to be 40-45 YO. Not too old in my book.... I dont know what to think on this one.

It was black looked like he just took it out of the garage. 18in chrome wheels and flat black racing stripes, no side stripes. It was a 2009 down version. Very nice indeed.

Post some pictures of the finished Anny....I havent seen any yet. I would have run you....but then again I have never been called responsible when it comes to things like that....

And there was a Shelby at Pinks a couple weeks ago that spun hard in first and second out of the hole and still went 9.85.....And it looked bone stock other than drag wheels and a 8 point...I got it on Chris V's Video Camera I think.....

As requested, I wont turn down the offer. :D

Attachments

• SANY0414--.jpg
    SANY0414--.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 181
  • SANY0410--.jpg
    SANY0410--.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 200
  • SANY0404--.jpg
    SANY0404--.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 181

Very nice. I especially like the two tone newer front bumper cover. It gives it a different look having the silver under there. Very nice work...Thats a mean looking car....I can see why he gave it a second thought...

Ricardo,

Wow, It looks great !!

Didn't know you swapped to a late model front end. Is that the same hood you used to have on your blue car ?

David

PS: Shelby guy probably didn't think you were worthy of racing...or he just doesn't race.

Last edited:
Looks great and super clean paint job, but I'm not a big fan of the late model front end :cool:. (let the flaming begin on that comment:p). I love the look of the early model front end and hood.

That hood was donated from the blue car, Thats why it was attractive to do the conversion. At the time I could not find the parts to keep it original. I have some parts like header panel and lights. But I need a hood and bumper. Trying to find an early hood that has no rust behind around where the emblem sits, in new england is hard.

That hood was donated from the blue car, Thats why it was attractive to do the conversion. At the time I could not find the parts to keep it original. I have some parts like header panel and lights. But I need a hood and bumper. Trying to find an early hood that has no rust behind around where the emblem sits, in new england is hard.

Lots of rust free early hoods around here. I just had two cut up and put in the scrap metal dumpster at work a couple weeks ago.

David

Back in 1991 (yah) I had a supercharged/nitrous 84 notchback. There was this guy in a new at teh time vette that laughed at me when I wanted to race him and said "I wouldnt waste my rubber on a race with that thing" So I proceeded do the irresponsable thing and provide him with a big loud smokey burnout.....He had a convertable

Rico, I'm not sure about your Shelby owner, but he may not have been into playing on the street as you are. I'm the same way; I have no interest in racing on the street. I've had G35s and turbo S13s and stuff like that throw revs at my SC or Caddy all day long. It's not that I'm afraid to lose to them; maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. I just don't care, that's all.

Back