How to revive my AC with Duracool

lanteau

I have a 90 SC and I'm looking to revive my old non working R12 system with duracool. I believe the failure point is the orings near the condenser. Those fittings up near the radiator are all oily and nasty (assuming thats where it leaked out). The compressor still spins freely by hand.

I believe I can just replace the o-rings and the drier and give it a whirl. I really don't want to mess with the orifice tube. Are there 2 of those spring lock coupling connections near the radiator? What size o-rings do they need?

Where else do I need to replace o-rings at?

What brand drier should I buy? Do they all work fine?

What products do I need to buy from Duracool? Do I need refrigerant and oil? How much do I need?

usually when an a/c system fails its the main seal on the compressor

you should flush the condenser and evap to remove any contaminants and old residue

you should also run a vac on the a/c system for at least 30 min before charging it, take her to -30 micron's and block her in, after 30 minutes if you don't loose any vac then you know you have a decent system

its not recommended to flush the lines

I've used the generic ebay accumulators before and never had any problems with them

be sure you don't forget to add a can of oil in with the freon

if your going to do the above you might as well just get a new compressor and slap some r134a retrofit fittings on her and get the el cheapo freon from the parts store

also keep the ozone happy :)

Back