Banjo bolts for 93 spindle swap, revisited again....

phils89sc

OK, I am bit confused. I got my 2002 GT calipers (with brackets) for my 93 spindle swap into my 89 SC. I have my 93 spindles as well as the 93 calipers. So, while painting my dual piston 2002 Mustang GT calipers, I decided to compare the banjo bolts between the GT and SC calipers and guess what, other than the SC bolts being a little shorter, the threads and size are the same.

Now, I know I have read the forums on here and TCCOA and have found much info that says the contrary, that the SC's caliper banjo bolts don't work on the GT dual piston calipers, but what am I looking at? A fluke? the banjo bolts are just about identical with the exception of the length. Anyone ever run into this?

banjo bolt size

It's a mixed bag, My '02 GT's that I just got were M10x1.0 (fine thread), where the '03 SVT's were M10x1.5 (coarse same as the SC),
Don't go to ford for replacements you'll get ROBBED! $4 or less @ NAPA.
They were the only place that had them in stock (both sizes) Dorman dosent list the M10x1.0 anymore, and none of the dealerships had anything in stock.
MikeH

From what I've been able to tell, the 99 - 02 calipers are usually fine thread banjo bolts, and 03 - 04 used the coarse thread.

cheers
Ed N.

Back