roots?

Try Charles Warner at Magnum Powers. They have blower rebuilding services. My blower had badly scored rotors but still produced 15 PSI with MP blower top and double intercooler. The pulley was the stock larger than pre 94 size with stock exhaust manifolds. I am on a tight budget so I left the rotors in it with the rebuild. If you got lots o'money get a new blower with the MPX 3.

Magnum Powers does not rebuild rotor packs. The Highspeed Lab is the only place that I know of that will rebuild rotor packs, besides sending it to Magnuson for a complete blower rebuild. You can install a rotor pack from a GTP by simply moving a dowel and install into your supercharger.

gtp

The only thing I see that makes me not want to do the gtp swap is that the gtp roots are all ready worn down to fit the case they were in and not mine. If they were brand new it would ware as it should to fit my blower.

The only thing I see that makes me not want to do the gtp swap is that the gtp roots are all ready worn down to fit the case they were in and not mine. If they were brand new it would ware as it should to fit my blower.

If they are worn down as hitting the case, the rear rotor bearings are shot and is causing a problem. You can find good GTP packs.

The coating on the gtp roots are designed to wear away to create almost 0 tolerance between the roots and case if you put the gtp roots in a different case that is a different size the gtp roots cannot ware to it because it has all ready wore to the gtp case.

http://magnumpowers.com/services.htm

Last edited:
The coating on the gtp roots are designed to wear away to create almost 0 tolerance between the roots and case if you put the gtp roots in a different case that is a different size the gtp roots cannot ware to it because it has all ready wore to the gtp case.

I don't think so.... I'm done with this thread :rolleyes:

Has anyone verified this new vendor is capable of rebuilding rotor packs? It is a very exact science at retiming the rotors without having them destroy themselves.

I have checked his feedback on the GP forum and he also is on the 3.8 Mustang forum. He claims to have the tools to time the rotors. His feedback on the GP forum is excellent..

I stuck a set of "used" gtp rotors in my supercharger and gained 2 lbs of boost. You wont gain anything more significant then that, it has been tested. Do what you want but if there is still coating on the tips of the rotors then you are good to go. If there is not, it is because there is a problem with the supercharger, so don't use those rotors.

Back