AC... Blower not blowing

madebyme

My AC is running cycling on and off. So everything seems to be working as it should. The only problem is the blower is not blowing it out! It came on for about 10 minutes and it hasn't worked since. I searched the forums and found members with similar problems, but no solutions. I checked all the connections / fuses and still nothing. It there a bypass to the environmental control? Guys, I'm in Florida and it's averaging 90 degrees! Got to get the AC working.

Last edited:
Does the blower not work in any of the speed positions?
If not, have you check the blower resistor module?
Besides having different values of resistors to control fan speed, it also has thermal limiter.

Blower not working

Does the blower not work in any of the speed positions?
If not, have you check the blower resistor module?
Besides having different values of resistors to control fan speed, it also has thermal limiter.

No it does not work at any speed or setting. Like I said, it did come on for about ten minutes then nothing. It there a test for the resistor module? Scanning other posts I found faulty resistor packs were to blame for some members with earlier model years (mine is a 95). Is the resistor module the same as the enviromental control module mounted near the motor with heat sinks on it?

No it does not work at any speed or setting. Like I said, it did come on for about ten minutes then nothing. It there a test for the resistor module? Scanning other posts I found faulty resistor packs were to blame for some members with earlier model years (mine is a 95). Is the resistor module the same as the enviromental control module mounted near the motor with heat sinks on it?

Yes, should be labeled:

Ford
PWM BLOWER CONTROL
F4LF-19E624-AA

Yes, should be labeled:

Ford
PWM BLOWER CONTROL
F4LF-19E624-AA

That was the problem. I just bypassed it with jumper wire and the fan came right on, full blast. Strange thing is, I tested voltage at the feed and was getting 15 Volts, then the output of the PWM and it was 10 volts. I assumed (that always gets me in trouble) it was because of resistance from the module to set the fan speed slower, and had 10 volts all the way up to the blower. It did not work... so again I assume it must be an amperage issue. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can find any damaged components.

Back