Weird shenanigans

old_coot

I thought I might share my trip to work this morning with the DD 90 Super Coupe. About a mile from home I noticed both of the brake lights on and when I tried to stop, I needed the help of two men and a boy to help me push the brake petal hard enough to slow the beast down......all else seemed normal until I came to a place when I had to make a turn and when I turned on the turn signal, nothing happened....mind you the engine was running fine and all instruments appeared normal, or so I thought until I noticed the VMM was not lit----finally it dawned on me that something weird was going on and it also soaked into my brain that it was more than likely the ignition switch---when I got to work I removed the plastic covering from the column and with a simple squeeze on the ignition switch all things were right with the world again....I suppose the moral of the story is....If it doesn't make sense check the ignition switch first....................Dan

Last edited:
The exact same thing happened to my on my 90 a little while back - glad you and the car are okay! Losing the brakes is scary when un-expected! :eek:

I can't remember how I figured it out...wiring diagrams I guess, but switched the ignition switch and all was well again. :cool:

Braking problem

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the ignition switch contacts coming apart. This is an easy one and common on SC's. I temporarily tied it together with a tie wrap until I got a new one.
Harold

Back