Aquestion for the auduophiles

Airtractr

I have a 93 SC equipped with JBL audio and casette and cd from the factory. I replaced the factory head unit (which had casette only) and swapped the wires on the factory plug so the head unit would have power etc..I retained the cd on the lower console so I would not have a hole there but have no intention of using it. My question is the replacement head unit has CD but it will not play through the existing speakers. Do I have to change the wiring on the factory Ford CD to gain the sound for the replacement head unit?

I'm gonna have to research more. I get sound from the radio but when it switches to CD there is no sound the counter is going etc...so I think the factory set up is looking for a signal from the in dash factory CD. Just need to get around that I believe.

Head unit

If the radio plays fine through your speakers, the problem is in your head unit. The CD should play through the same speaker outputs. Make sure your head unit is not muted or have separate outputs that are selected while on CD. If all selections are correct, the problem is in your head unit.
What head unit do you have?

I'll second the suggestion that you need to bypass the factory amp(s) in the trunk.

Scosche has adapters - you'll need both that are listed. Go to their site and speak up if you need specific part numbers.

http://www.scosche.com/

Don't reinvent the wheel...so many owners have swapped in aftermarket head units only to face the same issue with the same solution.

Good luck in any case.

If I remember correctly I used an aftermarket wire harness adapter but i needed to pull a connector from the factory CD player as well. Do not remember the purpose but I did need to do it.

Back