93 SC ABS pump relay

Leaf

Where is the ABS hydraulic pump motor relay located on the 93 SC?
I am assuming that this relay is stuck closed, as I am experiencing pump operation without the key even being in the igniton. There is 12 volts of power being supplied to the 40 amp pump motor fuse and if I am not mistaken the pump motor relay completes the circuit to the motor. I just can't find it!
Any help would be appreciated.

I know that on the '92 SC (which has the Teves Mark II ABS) the relay is up next to the firewall on the passenger side. The '93 SC has the Teves Mark IV (no accumulator). If they didn't locate it in the same place, I would still check around the firewall area, maybe on the driver side? If it is the same relay setup, there should be two (2) relays. One controls the hydraulic pump (called the brown pump relay, this is the one you need to check), and the other controls the signals from the ABS controller to the warning indicators on the instrument panel.

Sorry I can't give a better answer.

I have a 93 SC and I have replaced the relay....it's located in front of the battery behind the headlight assy. just look around in there and you should see it. I had a problem with my ABS not working and the ABS light always stayed on, it turned out that the relay was all rusted and crusty(I guess because of where it's located?) I just cleaned the connections on the harness and put in a new relay, problem solved!

Back