Dynomax Resonator Question

racer02sl

Another resonator question...:rolleyes:

I’d like to replace my stock resonator with something that has the same configuration (dual inlets and single out), which flows a little bit better and is quiet. I was thinking a Dynomax SuperTurbo, but It doesn’t look like they make a dual inlet and single outlet configuration. They make a 17758 super turbo…which looks like you could use the duals as your inlets…has anyone tried this?

magnaflow makes a resonator that works very well...check it out at:

http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=151

Bill has a few different set ups you can go with...as long as you have your stock mufflers it should stay quiet

I'm not sure what number Magnaflow that is, but I was thinking about going with the 12258 Magnaflow Muffler.

Right now, I have 2.25" mandrel bent down pipes with no converters. They are connected to the OEM resonator/muffler and the rest of the exhaust back is stock. If I go with a Magnaflow muffler as my resonator and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock, will I be taking it too far? I haven't done any engine mods to my SuperCoupe and I don't plan on doing any after this resonator replacement either...

So I'm wondering if I'll be taking away too much backpressure using a Magnaflow with catless 2.25" downpipes where I'll be hurting low end torque? What have you guys experienced?

I think you will be fine with backpressure and if you are worried then just throw a 5% SC pulley on there and get it right back with a little more HP too...

but I think a muffler in place of the resonator will make it louder and I thought you didnt want it loud...I would go with the magnaflow resonator

Another resonator question...:rolleyes:

I’d like to replace my stock resonator with something that has the same configuration (dual inlets and single out), which flows a little bit better and is quiet. I was thinking a Dynomax SuperTurbo, but It doesn’t look like they make a dual inlet and single outlet configuration. They make a 17758 super turbo…which looks like you could use the duals as your inlets…has anyone tried this?

Hello. I tried the 17758 super turbo. And it is awesome and nice to my car. :D

Last edited:
Back