PDA

View Full Version : seatbelts

camaro03
10-09-2002, 08:07 PM
the guy that had my car before me decided it would be a good idea to put a screw in the seatbelt track for the shoulder belt, so now the drivers side doesnt come back and the pass side is stuck back, i dont care if they work going back and forth, however i would like to get them at least stuck back where i could use them. any sugestions how i can do this, how much a 90 seatbelt motor would cost? where the motor is located, any help is appreciated

camaro03
10-10-2002, 02:36 PM
any help?

Mako
10-10-2002, 03:10 PM
I have no help for you, but I was able to just push my driver belt all the way back once it failed. That way it looks like I have it on. I just flip it over my shoulder when I get in the car. So much easier.

I would like to meet the jerkoff that designed the motorized seatbelt and the jerkoff that said that's a good idea. #1 and only complaint about my car. I have only been choked twice by it and now that it's broken, I am much happier.

I posted my problem some time back and was told to take the quarter panel apart in the back seat where the motor lives. Well I'm not a mechanic, I couldn't even figure out how to take the panel off and find where to get at anything so I just left it. Who knows if the seatbelt will even work in the event of a crash, but at this point, I don't care.

Stupid motorized seatbelts.