A tire screwed me!

Bluntz

Man, had a vibration, i figured it was a tire going bad i just got back from toilet i mean toledo and the roads awefull there, long story short i was at a buddies and i got on the highway, vibration seemed to be getting worse, 5 minutes later im doing 70 mph and she just starts shaking like michael j fox and then BOOM, she blew and boy did she blow hard, took out my fender, wheel well, all my security strobe lights, bottoms front clip, and other things.

I priced a new body kit on ebay for 1000 bucks, i can buy a new used one of these cars for around the same, i LOVE this car and dont wanna let it go like that but i need some advice on what to do. Im having hard time paying a g for some plastic.

eik2th.jpg

That yelloow thing on the front is a tow strap holding my bumper up.

That stinks dude....where are you located?...is there a pull-a-part close by? all those parts can be bought there for less than a 100 bucks minus the add on to the front bumper...........Dan

What year is your car?

I was looking at those headlights and they don't look like 89-93 lamps..... Any head on pics?

qs8vsw.jpg

1990 sc.

Hundred bucks huh? Ebay has body kits for 1000 bucks, no junkyards round here have tghunderbirds, i went to 10 of them trying to get a drivers side mirror, ended up getting one off a cougar.

I have the fender and both the side moldings(door and lower) in black.
Pay shipping and $100 you can have all 3 pieces. $50 for the 2 side moldings.
The difference is, it is ALOT easier to box and ship the side moldings without the fender. Easy to take off as well.
Might be better to get the fender from any of the local sheet metal vendors by time you pay for the shipping and boxing of the fender, they are pretty cheap too and you'll have a NEW one.

Do not have the nose piece.

I am heading out on vacation in the morning.
So it would not be until the week of 11-17 July when i could get them out.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Check your other tires. It looks like there was sidewall failure. If the tires were bought at the same time, the other tires might have similar issues.

Say again why you kept going with such a bad vibration?

Say again why you kept going with such a bad vibration?
+1 Why would you go 70 on a tire you suspected was bad? Not only could you have seriously injured or killed yourself, but you endangered everyone else on the road with you.

see i had the same problem happen to me but i was only going about 10mph and my back tire flew off and hit a car and a house. i broke 2 studs off and was missing 3 lug nuts but i had a spare. my tire was fine and i go to put it back on to drive 1 mile down the road to my house and the f%!kin neighbor called the cops on me so i had to have it towed 1 mile for $150. i was pissed. best part about it. i didnt have to pay anything since it was "accidental no fault":D

Back