new seats

Brad2296

my girlfriend just scored me a very good set of t-bird from seats out of the 2000+ models.

I want to know what I need to look for, or do when installing theme. It's my first time ever doing something like this, and I'd like some advice from you fellow SC guys on here.

If it's been done, or if anyone has any hints to help me out.

I appreciate anything anyone put their .02 on.

Do they have airbags in them? I just put a set in from a 07 BMW and needed to get the wiring diagram. My concern was adding power and blowing them up.

The other thing you might need to watch out for if it does have bags, is the seats "computer". My BMW seats "look" for the original cars ECU, and when it doesn't get a signal back, they shut down. No big deal as I drive the car once and a while and never long enough that I need to adjust. If I do need to I just unplug the harness and it resets, I get about a minutes power.

And I'm guessing that they won't just drop in...buy a welder so you can make adjustments.

Yes, it does have air bags in the bolsters. I've got a welder, so that's not an issue. I just wanna get them in, and make the functions work....minus the bags.

Back