Leaking fuel again

90turbo1

so drove car after work the other day again and then brought in shop to put away for night. when I was walking around the back of car I could smell fuel. raised car up in air and have drips of fuel coming off bottom of pass side tank. great another gas tank job... lowered tank a bit and found pressure line from tank is leaking at fitting.

are the orings replaceable?

anyone have a part number my local lincoln ford dealer says they are not replacable.

so drove car after work the other day again and then brought in shop to put away for night. when I was walking around the back of car I could smell fuel. raised car up in air and have drips of fuel coming off bottom of pass side tank. great another gas tank job... lowered tank a bit and found pressure line from tank is leaking at fitting.

are the orings replaceable?

anyone have a part number my local lincoln ford dealer says they are not replacable.

if its the line that goes to the sending unit i dont think you can change any kind of oring. but i know you can buy a piece of that line with a new fitting on it and will connect to the sending unit

Is it the line that runs forward from the tank, heading to the right rear wheel area underneath? If so, that line is available from Ford, F4SZ 9S278 A is the service part number. It is a somewhat common problem for leaking on all MN-12s, especially ones that have lived in the rust belt.

cheers
Ed N.

So I am trying to find this part again

there catalog says its for the 94-95 T-bird, will this work on the 1992 SC?

for some reason the parts guy at my local dealer is playing stoopid.....

F4SZ 9S278

F4SZ 9S278 A was originally catalogued for 94-95 T-Bird / Cougar. 91-93 used F1SZ 9S278 A, which Ford replaced with the F4SZ 9S278 A. So the later part is just fine for your 92.

cheers
Ed

Back