Removing ARC system

Akurei14

Well since the cost of replacement arc shocks is just too damn high. I'm switching to non-arc shocks. But I'm curious now as to what I should do to keep the computers from going bananas on me. So do I remove the whole system? Or just pull a fuse? And yes I'm def going to non arc shocks. I like the idea of the system, but it's just something else to go wrong in my eyes.

The computer won't care. You'll just get a blinking firm ride light from time to time. I left two of my actuators connected (the rear ones) so that the system less frequently blinks the firm ride light. I prefer not to disable the system entirely as I like the steering to firm up.

OH the arc controls the steering too? hmm, alright, well as long as it doesn't go bonkers or give me a hassle, it shall stay.

You can also get the Variable assist Module AKA computer from a normal V8 car, and wire it in and remove the computer for the ARC??

I was going to do that with my '91 XR7, but never got to it before i parked the car in the Garage under a car cover :)

Back