0 to 120 video

pbdevastator

Here is the link to my 0 to 120 run i did awhile ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6U7B00UzMQ

I know i need to work on launching, maybe someone has some thoughts based on what i did in the video.

Also car on dyno shifted to OD at 4400rpm so i only got 285hp, on the street it holds third till I put it into OD. Any educated guesses on what you think the ballpark HP is after watching video would be appreciated too, people ask me all the time what the HP is on the car and i dont know what to tell them. Mod list on my link is up to date as well.

Let me know what you guys think, posted this for some opinions.

Thanks Patrick.

Last edited:
According to the video timer at the bottom of the page, you started your run at the 12 second mark and it ended at 115-120 mph at the 26 second mark so make your own conclusion. My take is it's a high 12 sec. car, sounded good my friend. My time in my sig was run on super hot, super high humidity day and you see what my time/mph were.

Last edited:
I noticed on your member page you state that Dave dyno tuned it...did you ask him what he thinks the HP would be?

You mods are very similar to mine except I have an MPx with 15%OD pushing about 17psi while you have a MPII with 15%OD and I have a KWDIC while you have a MPFMIC...Dave told me with a good tune I should be around 325rwhp.

And if you look at some of the guys here that have submitted HP and Track #s 325rwhp and around 375rwtq pushes these cars to high 12's in the 1/4mi

What PSI are you making with your setup?

Yes Dave tuned it. The number he said was only an educated guess and that i'd have to adjust the car to where it doesn't shift to OD during the dyno, thats the only way to know for sure. Think he said the same about my car, being around 320 prolly little more. I only have 15% OD and have a safer tune, i wanted reliability in the car. PSI was 15.6 on the dyno if im reading it correctly. And wow i looked at your mods and we are really close.

I posted the video in hopes of someone maybe seeing something i was doing wrong on launch cause i get that slight pause around 25 to 30 mph then it picks up again. Also car pulls hard all the way up to 5500rmp in third, was also hoping seeing a video in addition to the mods list might help get a better HP guess.

Also cant wait to see what the weight reduction will do for the car. Planning on making it around 400lbs lighter which will be huge.

the blip at around 3500 rpm (not sure how accurate the tach is) seems like it may have gone rich off of initial WOT. It's possible there is something that could be tuned out there, but as you note, it never hits that RPM range again once you start going. I haven't had experience with the Auto cars, so perhaps it is the converter getting to the RPM it needs to hook up?

Oh, and make sure your car is up to engine operating temp before doing stuff like that.

It takes about 20 minutes to get to the spot i was at for that run. My temp guage doesn't work anymore. But ya i always make sure its warmed up before i do any WoT.

Not sure on the tach, but I know the speedometer is 1mph off now.

Looks like a solid 12 second SC to me. BTW, After watching the video I was wondering how you avoided spinning the tires at launch, until reading the mod list seeing you had MT drag radials.

David

Your mods are almost identical to mine as well. If i were to guess HP and seeing you have a healthy cam, id say your probably around 300-310ish at around 5100-5400. For a quarter mile time, with good conditions and traction, id say mid 12's shouldn't be a problem. BTW what kind of converter you running? I think that may be your problem with the pausing issue.

Last edited:
Your mods are almost identical to mine as well. If i were to guess HP and seeing you have a healthy cam, id say your probably around 300-310ish at around 5100-5400. For a quarter mile time, with good conditions and traction, id say mid 12's shouldn't be a problem. BTW what kind of converter you running? I think that may be your problem with the pausing issue.

For the HP, on the dyno it was a solid straight line gaining 12hp per 162rmp up till 4400rpm when it shifted to OD and it was at 285hp at that point. I dont know when that line was gonna start to curve.

For quarter mile i agree, with perfect weather conditions, good grip, and prolly minus the hickup on launch, I think the car could pull off a 12.6. ON top sc's the cars that ran 12.4 to 12.6 area ave trap rounded up to nearest mph i think was 109. On the video my speedo hits 110 around 12.5 seconds(started timing just as the boost meter started to move) and speedo is 1mph off on the high side, so its in that ball park. But on the average day prolly high 12 second car atm.

I went thru the papers/receipts i have on the car, only info i found on converter is it says its a 2300 stall converter, thats all it says. I've played around with launching, tried some higher then 2000, some lower. Also tried not gunning it but gradually getting up to wot. I've only had one launch where it didn't hickup and it was an awsome launch. Didn't have the phone camcorder rolling and wasn't paying attention to where i launched at on that launch, go figure lol.

Last edited:
getting 400 lbs off the car will be easy!

Im hoping so. My doors are rusting, so i got some fiberglass doors to replace those. Looking into lightweight trunk lid and fiberglass hood as well. Then im going to gut out the trunk and inside too, as well as replace the electric front seats with lightweight seats. I notice a difference when someone is riding in car with me that weighs under 200lbs, cant wait to see the difference 400+lbs makes.

Im hoping so. My doors are rusting, so i got some fiberglass doors to replace those. Looking into lightweight trunk lid and fiberglass hood as well. Then im going to gut out the trunk and inside too, as well as replace the electric front seats with lightweight seats. I notice a difference when someone is riding in car with me that weighs under 200lbs, cant wait to see the difference 400+lbs makes.

where did you get or find the doors?
hairyglass?

Yeah, I've taken over 1000 lbs off my car....its just how extreme do you want to go! I still run glass and all metal body panels.

Wow all that stuff you took out is insane. No way am i gonna go that extreme. But ya ill be happy with anything over a 1/10 of the weight of car now which will be easy.

Just call the number and talk to him about the doors.

Wow all that stuff you took out is insane. No way am i gonna go that extreme. But ya ill be happy with anything over a 1/10 of the weight of car now which will be easy.

Just call the number and talk to him about the doors.

yeah, its a track only car now...:D

Back