new MAF sensor ?

boostbird90

In my junkyard run today I came across a new MAF sensor on a 96 bird n/a 3.8 . It is brand new and MUCH larger than the straw tube that's on my 90 sc now. Can I use this one with my sensor? The connector is different on the new one. I'm looking to make some more power (aren't we all !!) but on the cheap. While I'm junk yard hunting is there a Throttle body out there larger than the stocker or should I just break down and buy a good one?

In my junkyard run today I came across a new MAF sensor on a 96 bird n/a 3.8 . It is brand new and MUCH larger than the straw tube that's on my 90 sc now. Can I use this one with my sensor? The connector is different on the new one. I'm looking to make some more power (aren't we all !!) but on the cheap. While I'm junk yard hunting is there a Throttle body out there larger than the stocker or should I just break down and buy a good one?

You won't find nothing at the yard thats an upgrade unless you do some mods to a mustang TB but you might aswell just buy one thats made for a tbird it'll be the same amount of money at the end. Check the classifieds here to see if someone is selling a used one you can find great stuff here for a great price.

As for the MAF i'm not sure but I used one from a 93 I believe that is bigger than the one my old 90 SC had just my 2cents

Last edited:
You won't be able to use that MAF without a tune. The stock MAF is good for about 550cfm or so, and you need to be close to 300rwhp to get that, and you ain't going to get there too easily, if at all, without a cam and/or good heads.

Fraser

You won't be able to use that MAF without a tune. The stock MAF is good for about 550cfm or so, and you need to be close to 300rwhp to get that, and you ain't going to get there too easily, if at all, without a cam and/or good heads.

Fraser

I was gonna wait to put it on till I got a better throttle body and finish opening up the exhaust. I'm looking to upgrade my injectors at the same time. Any suggestions on what ones I should use? Or where I could get them?

Back