PDA

View Full Version : New Product? Dynabeads, Please Read

TheAWK
07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I have been talking to some of my other auto enthusiasts and they have been using this Dynabead product for about a yr or 2 and apparently it has worked exactly as advertised.

Biggest promoter was a guy with a motorcycle.

I am linking to the main site and to a vid that was posted by a distributor.

Looking for some thoughts on if this would actually work or not?

Thanks

TheAWK

http://www.dynabeads.ca/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

SCMN12
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Why don't you have tire charts for cars or SUV's?

We do not market to cars and SUVís intentionally.
The main reason (among others) is due to the style of modern car tires.
For cars and SUVís, traditional weight balancing is the best method.

This is from the website posted...

XxSlowpokexX
07-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Heard about these years ago..Was always curious but never looked into it

90turbo1
07-06-2010, 10:38 AM
i used to work with a guy that would put a cup of engine coolant inside his off road tires. He said it was to balance them. he never had strange wear on his truck tires and they would balance with very little extra pound on weights.

Paul93SC
07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
A little further down I found this..

Why don't you have a chart for regular passenger cars?

We don't market to cars and SUV's due to the high performance style of those tires, which are low and wide. These types of tires commonly exhibit varying degrees of lateral imbalance due primarily to the width. This type of inbalance can only be corrected with carefully placed wheel weights. So that means that while Dyna Beads should not be used as the sole balancing method for these tire types, they can be used as a supplemental method designed to smooth out the ride and provide little or no future rebalancing.
That being said, we have a lot of dedicated Corvette, Hot Rod, Porshe, BMW and Mercedes customers using them with noticable improvement in combination with existing weights.

Hmmm...

bowez
07-06-2010, 08:49 PM
So they admit that for the mass market their product is USELESS.

Plus they display the misinformation about Nitrogen in tires.

racecougar
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Dynabeads, airsoft pellets, bb's, and golf balls are all commonly used to balance 38"+ diameter off-road type tires. They're not really intended or necessary for passenger car tires.