Window Off Track

Melon

SCCoA Member
So my drivers window came off track - it's happened enough times, I've lost count. Anyone else have a problem with theirs coming off a lot? Any thoughts on a cure?

What I think is happening is the window is sticking just enough so when I push the button to lower it, it comes off the rubber pieces on the arm. Today, I caught it before I lowered too far and I've got it raised back up so the window will atleast stay up. I'd like to find a permanent cure for this - it's getting old. I'm going to head outside tonight after dinner and pull the panel to inspect, but just trying for some idea's on fixing it since I'm tired of pulling the panel off.

Thanks
-Melon

I use brake parts cleaner on a scrub pad to clean the glass where the clips attach and the inside of the plastic clips. Then I fill the inside of the clips with my favorite stuff Black silicon RTV. I keep working the sealant into the clip with my fingers until all air pockets are gone. Then I seat the clips on the glass and raise the window to the top and don't touch it for 2 days! My fix has held up for years. :cool:

Back