Window slams when it reaches bottom

ricardoa1

My passenger side window on my 90 slams when it gets put down and it reaches the bottom. Is there a cushion that is missing on the bottom? Drivers side is not as violent.

My passenger side window on my 90 slams when it gets put down and it reaches the bottom. Is there a cushion that is missing on the bottom? Drivers side is not as violent.

There is a bracket that is tack welded to the window track at the door latch end. Sounds like the bracket is no longer attached, which will allow the window to move while in the track, likely striking the inside of the door shell.

There is a bracket that is tack welded to the window track at the door latch end. Sounds like the bracket is no longer attached, which will allow the window to move while in the track, likely striking the inside of the door shell.

Yes...Its called the window "Run"...

It goes up and down perfectly, it is just that makes a slam noise at the end, its not really off the track.

It goes up and down perfectly, it is just that makes a slam noise at the end, its not really off the track.

It will still go up and down if the Run is missing. They are usually laying in the bottom of the door....They are bolted in place now adays...

I have the same issue on the drivers door of my 90. I heard the bracket drop, and pulled it out. Someday I'll take time to pull the door panel off and fix it. You can get at it through the door panel openings and the glass all the way up.

Back